“Very clean and comfortable”

Best Western Trailside Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Alturas
Denver, Colorado
“Very clean and comfortable”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Large room that was very clean and comfortable.Breakfast had hard boiled eggs, waffles, yogurt, cereal, muffins, danishes, fresh fruit, and beverages. Facility, overall, is spotless! Cody, John, and Melony are professional and guest-oriented. Free internet in the rooms. Very quiet facility. I didn't hear a peep during my entire stay. Only downfall is that I did not have a refrigerator like many of the other rooms. Refrigerators are very common with today's hotel/motel's overall standards. They are almost expected by the business traveler.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Morgan Hill, California
Reviewed June 22, 2012

A group of us traveled to Alturas for a guided goose hunt we stay here and the rooms were nice and clean staff was very friendly. I would stay here again on my next visit. While in town don't miss eating at the Brass Rail or Antonio's Awesome Steak and Pizza respectively!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed with our dogs for one night and were thrilled with the service and the spotless clean room. New bed linens, great pillows and a great free breakfast with good coffee! I left my kindle behind and before I even realized it they had called and were ready to mail it back. If we are back through this way we will definitely stay again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Melody D, General Manager at Best Western Trailside Inn, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and noticed the great detail that we take in keeping our rooms ultra clean. Our staff takes great pride in there work from the front desk to the housekeeping department.

I was more than happy to ship your kindle back to you.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Sacramento
Reviewed May 23, 2012

The Hotel is older and smaller and dated but pretty much clean and OK. My big complaint was the internet service. It works for a minute or two then wont work at all. I had problems connecting with Google. If you need to do some work or just want to find a place for dinner on the internet it will take you longer than just asking the guy at a gas station. I tried for over an hour and my browser keep timing out before there internet works. so slower than dial up.

If you need to connect then try another place down the street.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank beach942
Melody D, Manager at Best Western Trailside Inn, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
I am sorry you had such a bad experience with the internet, I sure hope you used our tech support service?!

We have business people stay with us all the time that do there work over the internet so I know how important having a good fast connection is.

I see that you enjoyed that we have clean rooms, we take great pride in this matter.

I hope that if you come to Alturas again you will give us another chance, and that this won't stop you from staying with us again.

Berkeley, California
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stopped for a night on a my way to eastern Oregon from the Bay Area. Very nice host and check-in, clean and pleasant room, comfortable bed, good self-serve breakfast. good price. No complaints.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us, we are so glad you enjoyed the stay and look forward to seeing you again.

yellowstone
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is probably the nicest place to stay in Alturas, that really isn't saying much. The staff was very nice! The hotel is a bit run down. Looks like it is used by Cal trans for their employees working the area. Which is fine... But it seems to be used more as a dormatory than for regular, passing through town guests. It was winter. We were charged about $110.00 for the night for my husband and teen child. The room seemed cool - but again, winter with a winter storm in town. Breakfast was the typical Best Western fair. Grab and go... If I am ever stuck in Alturas again, I would have to say I would stay here again. But not much else to choose from.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank cdbyellowstone
Auburn, CA
Reviewed February 6, 2012

The best thing I can say was the room was clean. BUT..
My mother and I had to make an emergency trip
to Alturas to assist with my now-terminally ill sister.
We had to cut our intended stay short to drive her to
the ER in Klamath Falls. Now we're told that we will
not be reimbursed as they "lost revenue" because
they turned people away from the ground floor room
we had, even though there were rooms available
on the second floor, apparently. Big convention
in town, I guess? Too bad they'll "lose revenue"
when others in our family will be coming
to town and will be advised to stay elsewhere. :)

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank gshattog
Melody D, General Manager at Best Western Trailside Inn, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Thank you for enjoying our clean room. As I explained to your mother on the phone that I needed to verify the credit card infromation since it was your mother's credit card. I was able to do this and credit back the stay. I was not able to do this with you since you hung up on me and no, there were no conventions in town but a lot of elder people traveling who do not want to climb stairs to get to there rooms.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alturas
Rim Rock Motel
#3 of 6 in Alturas
No photo provided
Essex Motel
#6 of 6 in Alturas

Been to Best Western Trailside Inn? Share your experiences!