“Gave them another chance”
Review of Wagon Wheel Cafe

Wagon Wheel Cafe
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Alturas
Cuisines: American
Pinole, California
“Gave them another chance”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Wife and I had stopped there once before and we had a bad experience, This past fall myself and a couple of friends stayed at the motel and ate there for Breakfast twice. Food was good and got what we ordered, Service was good even though they were very busy. Several weeks later the wife and I stopped again for breakfast and again had a good experience with good food and service. I'm glad I gave them a second chance, and will stop there again if passing through at feeding time.

• Visited November 2013

Vancouver, Canada
“A great small town restaurant”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I had read other reviews about the Wagon Wheel and we were glad we stopped by for breakfast. The place was exactly as described, a diverse crowd of locals all sitting around chatting...you know it's good when the local sheriff is there.

Our waitress was pleasant and was always close by with the coffee pot. I ordered eggs, toast and corned beef hash - couldn't believe the mountain of food that was brought out.

Don't know when I'll be in Alturas again but I'm definitely stopping at the Wagon Wheel again.

• Visited September 2013
Yuba City, California
“Good small town cafe food”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I travel to Alturas once a week on business. If you want good solid cafe food, this is the place. Breakfast is great, good sausage gravy and they serve a sausage patty that is huge, savory and satisfying.

Lunch is good as well with a very hamburger and fries.

• Visited October 2013
Carson City, Nevada, United States
“Great traditional diner”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The food was generous and nicely prepared and served. This is a great place for a hungry working man. Biggest hamburger I have ever seen.

Visited June 2013
Borrego Springs, California
“Great sausage and great people watching. The locals eat here.”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We went there for breakfast. At one large table, there was a group of ranchers solving the world's problems; at another table there were ladies celebrating a birthday (in fact, the cook came out and gave the birthday lady a card). Then Rocky came in all dressed in Johnny Cash black with a 40 pound silver belt buckle (his name in silver on the back of the belt) and a big black cowboy hat and a pony tail and a red bandana and earrings and bracelets and necklaces. His pickup truck outside was black with a large horse hood ornament and the truck had lights everywhere and a silver horn. I love this place. It is a movie in the making.
Oh, the food. The breakfast was very good. The best sausage of the whole trip and a whopping biscuit and very good home fries.
Service was excellent and the prices reasonable.
We'll be back. Hopefully, we'll see Rocky again.

Visited May 2013