“Yummy and quaint.”

Antonio's Cucina Italiana
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Alturas
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Antonio's is a casual Italian restaurant that has been serving the small rural community of Alturas, CA since April of 1989. Antonio's features hand thrown pizzas and a variety of pasta dishes as well as steak, salads, and even char grilled burgers.
Saskatchewan
“Yummy and quaint.”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

This is a great little restauarant. The portions are huge and you get a starter salad and bread. I would recommend the house dressing on the salad. Honey oil and vinagrette. Excellent.

• Visited September 2011

Oregon
“Excellent Italian food plus good value & service”
Reviewed June 2, 2011

We've eaten here several times on our travels and have found the food very good and the atmosphere and service just fine.
The pizza crust is the best we've had in 50 years. If pasta is what you're after, they are happy to put together whatever ingredients you'd like.
We tried the Chicken Marsala that another reviewer had complained about - yes, it had a lot of olives (which we happen to love), plus generous amounts of blanched diced bell peppers and tomato, and mushrooms, in addition to very tender and juicy chicken breast. I'd call it more of a primavera. It was absolutely delicious.
The wine list is short but appropriate for the food options, and there's domestic beer in the bottle or on tap.

• Visited May 2011
Portland, OR
“Solid, but not Amazing”
Reviewed October 10, 2010

We were traveling through and it was my husband's birthday. We literally walked through town and looked in every restaurant. This one was the busiest and so we trusted the locals and headed in. The food was okay, not that great. I had Chicken Marsala, which I normally love. This was not like one I had ever had before - it was loaded with olives, not traditional and not mentioned on the menu... and I hate them! LOL It took long enough that I didn't send it back but just picked them out, which was a challenge. The food was decent; it just wasn't anything special. One thing that bugged me: it's a smallish place and you can see/hear the kitchen. That can be fine, but manage your staff, then, so you don't hear the swearing. The bread was tasty.

Sonora, Arizona
“An Excellent Choice”
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Traditional Italian in a small town, well prepared, choice of full or half orders of a comprehensive menu, with a moderate wine list. Busy but very personable staff. We came in hungry, cleaned our plates and left very satisfied with the meal, the service and the price.

Napa, California
“A pretty good lunch, for a small town”
Reviewed June 6, 2010

Often times in small towns, anything "ethnic" tends to be greasy and looks better on the menu than what is actually produced. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with this restaurant. I had lunch and was happy with my meal choice. When business requires that I return to Alturas, I'll probably be back.