“Nice and cozy little place”
Review of Ayres Lodge Alpine

Ayres Lodge Alpine
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Alpine
GreenLeadersGold level
Ensenada, Mexico
“Nice and cozy little place”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

My husband and I travelled to the Viejas Casino and Outlet and we stayed at the Ayres Lodge in Alpine. It is very close to FWY 8. Our room was very nicely decorated, very clean and cozy. Everyone was very nice and helpful. Continental breakfast was included. It was also very nice, it included yogurt, english muffins, bagels, egg and sausage bagels, muffins, juice, milk, coffee. We really enjoyed our stay !!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Casa Grande, Arizona
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I needed a place to stop for the night on my way to a conference in California. This was right on I-8 and yet was quiet with nice landscaping and seclusion. There were several small restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: I had a room in back and it would have been nice to have luggage carts to bring my items to the room...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Mom and I have been booking our stays at the Ayres Lodge Alpine ever since we started coming to the Viejas Casino & Outlet Mall in the last 5 years. Rated 3 diamonds in the AAA handbook, the Ayres Lodge never disappoints. It is clean, comfortable and has the added bonus of a free breakfast for its guests and a free shuttle to the Casino & Outlet Mall. Although I took my car to Alpine, the free shuttle is a wonderful bonus because you save on the gas and you don't have to worry about fighting to get a parking spot at the casino and outlet mall. You just take the shuttle, shop, gamble and go! There's also free ice cold water and coffee for the guests 24/7 in the front office which is charmingly decorated for the Winter holidays.

Room Tip: The room above the office is well-appointed and very clean, but because it is located just by the st...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Stella D
Fresno,Ca
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This little gem is right off the Hwy 8, but you would never know it. It is tucked behind a little hill and landscaped to the hilt. The office area seemed very "western", but the rooms are elegant. The beds are comfortable and the furnishings quite nice. The decor appeals to both male and female. I enjoyed the ipod player near the bed. It was very relaxing and the grounds are meant for a quiet stroll.

Room Tip: I'm not sure, but I think stairs were the only option to my 2nd floor room. You may need help wi...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank 51Rebecca
Fresno, California
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We booked our room for 3 nights for the Thanksgiving holiday. Very pleased with our stay. We were able to check in a bit early without any problem. The room was absolutely beautiful and sparkling clean. They really take pride in there property. The beds were the greatest! You actually felt like you could walk around without your shoes on and not catch something. We traveled with our dog and I have to say having traveled and stayed in pet rooms in the past, there is nothing that compares to this lodge. There were no signs or smells of animals ever having stayed in our room. Simply amazing. Having family in Alpine we will be repeat customers!

Room Tip: One drawback is that there was no refrigerator in our room and we brought leftovers back to the roo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Deeluvsg
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I just needed a vacation with no particular plans in mind & had a great stay. Everybody was very nice & I was able to check in a bit early (2:30) I did not find to much in the area to eat at for me, but the casino has good places & they have a free shuttle service from the Lodge. Lots of hiking a short drive in either direction. I went up to Julian a couple of days for some hiking. I found Santa Ysabel Wildlife area that had a beautiful trail. My room was on the courtyard & did not have a problem with much noise, there is a BBQ in the courtyard I will put to use nex time I stay there, & there will be a next time!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Greg H
San Gabriel, California
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We were in town for a shotgun event about 5 miles away, the lobby was quite cozy, reminiscent of an Alaskan fishing lodge. Checked in around 5:00 pm, and were greeted by a nice young woman who told us to be back at 7:00 for fresh baked cookies! What a treat! Room was spotless, and we took advantage of the $30 late check out feature...allows staying until 3:00 pm, which gave us time to return after our shooting competition to a hot shower, before the 4 hour drive home. I recommend Ayres Alpine!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Lodge Alpine, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Skeetdad -

It was such a pleasure welcoming you as our guest recently. Thank you so much for making us your choice of hotel and for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled you were able to take advantage of our late check-out enhancement and that your overall stay was so satisfying. We are very grateful for your recommendation and look forward to your return.

Warm regards,

Tyler Smittle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alpine
Sycuan Golf Resort
#2 of 15 in El Cajon
Best Western Courtesy Inn
#3 of 15 in El Cajon
Downtown
Wyndham San Diego Bayside
Wyndham San Diego Bayside
#118 of 278 in San Diego

Been to Ayres Lodge Alpine? Share your experiences!