“Would have a better rating if not for the reunion party...” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ayres Lodge Alpine
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Alpine
GreenLeadersGold level
Brea, California
“Would have a better rating if not for the reunion party...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We booked many rooms for my sister's wedding. A little surprised that the property did not look like the pictures. We expected more of a hotel than a motel like building. Don't get me wrong, the lobby was beautiful, and the rooms nicely furnished, and the courtyard facing rooms had a pretty nice grassy area for sitting (if it hadn't rained all weekend.) There are a lot of fast food places a short walk across the parking lot. The breakfast room is too small to move around in and not much is offered. We went elsewhere. They are extremely strict about not checking in before 3pm. We arrived at 1:30 and were told to come back, so we drove over to the Viejas Outlet Mall, only 5 miles away. Hint: Take the first exit, not the second as the brochure says. (Same street name, closer) We came back at 2:50 and again, they would NOT check us in. Ridiculous. My mom is 80 and they were checking others in, but only if they had an upstairs room. Then came the night...OMGosh - horrible! There was a high school reunion group staying there and most returned to the property around 11pm. They congregated in the courtyard, yelling, screaming, carrying on. My daughter, son-in-law, and 5 year old grandson arrived at midnight. They came to my room to get their keys and a drunk lady was smoking right in front of my door, in my grandson's face and dared us to challenge her. THIS IS A NO SMOKING PROPERTY. We could not sleep - finally the noise died down after 3AM!!! The managers tried to get these people to quiet down, to no avail. Ruined the night of sleep for us. All I can say is that it still appears to be the best place to stay (the only place via my research) in this area and if not for the reunion party, it would of been ok.

Room Tip: Request a courtyard room as the others face the parking lot(s).
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Lodge Alpine, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear fayeg859 --

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. While I am pleased the hotel itself proved comfortable, please allow me to apologize for any issues that may have been caused as a result of unruly guest behavior. We do try our very hardest to contain and quiet this behavior once informed. I am truly sorry that we were not able to do so in this case and that it impeded your sleep and caused problems with family members. I will discuss this further with the Front Desk team to retrain them on how best to manage these situations. We hope this has not soured you on our hotel and that we will have the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Tyler Smittle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Port Hueneme, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

The room was great! The staff was so nice! I love the look of the hotel, a nice change from what you will get in San Diego. It is in a good location. Only 30 minutes from San Diego. The casino is just one exit down the 8. There are good places to eat close by. We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Buckeye, az
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Spotless room, updated decor, comfy beds and amazing service! What a true gem we have found.
The quality of the room and service over exceeds the price! worth every penny!! We have family in the area and will be happy to stay there again! The breakfast was average, but its free so can't complain.
The warm baked cookies are a nice touch and many amenities are right across the parking lot.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
chula vista
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

well we stayed there for our anniversary on sat night Oct 13 2012
we ware given room # 104 the room was occupied and as Open the door a naked older man was in bed not a pleasant view my wife and I ware really upset as people @ the registration desk started just laughing and embarrassing us on the situation as we try to explain it
we got a "discount" for the embarrassing moment + we satayed there a few months back and I called the office regarding pets they mention it was ok then my wife's CC was charge 125.00!!
cause you do not accept pets bad bad communication and I called to verify if you did and the clerk said yes we do accept pets well we will think twice to stay there again

thanks

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RogelioRChulaVista
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Lodge Alpine, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear RogelioRChulaVista -

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I cannot begin to describe how sorry I am for what you experienced at our hotel. What you discuss is unacceptable and, while I had hoped that the discounted rate would help in rectifying the situation, I understand if this was not enough to make up for the situation. I invite you to please contact me at your earliest convenience so we can come to a better resolution. Please know I have also discussed this issue at length with the appropriate person to ensure it does not happen again. We wish for all of our guests to leave our hotel feeling satisfied with their visits and excited to return and do hope you will give us the opportunity to make things right.

Regards,

Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed 3 nights, the rooms were exceptional, staff was so friendly and accomodating, the area and services were wonderful, the lobby area and outside seating was so inviting. WiFi, parking, breakfast, computer usage and printing boarding pass and great rates made it even more worth it.... I am planning my next visit in 3 weeks back to there and they have already given me a return reward on my next rates. Will not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Lodge Alpine, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Jaup -

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel! I am so thrilled you found each aspect of the hotel comfortable and the service accommodating. How wonderful to know we have become your choice of hotel in the area and that you will be returning very soon. Perhaps on your next visit you will be able to take full advantage of our complimentary shuttle to Viejas Casino & Outlets. We look forward to your upcoming visit.

Fremont, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights used the hot tub, secluded so you don't have public watching you. The breakfast in the morning along with the fresh baked cookies in the evening was a pleasant surprise . The lobby was very quaint. The landscape in the back was very pretty well kept. The only problem was the complimentary wifi, had a bit of a problem staying logged on.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 62Debbie
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Lodge Alpine, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear 62Debbie -

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your visit and for your kind review. We always love hearing that we have afforded a guest a comfortable and satisfying hotel experience. Perhaps on your next visit you will have the chance to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service to and from nearby Viejas Casino. We hope your travels bring you to the area again very soon.

Mexicali, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Ayres Lodge Alpine has a really nice memories for me and my family, the first time we came was in our honeymoon, the second one was with my parents and husband, it was a really pretty trip, the third time was with our first kid! he had 2 years old! and now, our fourth time, we brought our little girl, of course my son too (he is now 4years old and she has 2yo). First we get to registered our selves and get a beautiful room, as always, bed are the best! :) then we go to the beach, at San Diego Mission Beach, Belmont Park is a must go place for the kids, and the beach...wow! a beautiful Sunset view. we return to the hotel and continue our adventure with the kids at the hotel pool and jacuzzi....they loved it! then we ate dinner at a new greek restaurant in the hotel surrounds and we call it a night.....

The morning is always beautiful with a light continental breakfast that you had a the main building....delicious and as I said, light so you are prepare for the rest of the mnorning!

In a few words, Ayres Lodge Alpine is a really nice hotel for you and your family!

thanks we are planning our next weekend with you again!

Room Tip: I can say that rooms in the last building (the east building) is really quiet, and also, you always...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Lodge Alpine, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Carlos -

Wow! Thank you so much for allowing us to be even a small part of such milestones in your life. It is such an honor to be involved in these special events and I am thrilled you have found each visit so comfortable and welcoming. We are very appreciative of your continued patronage and look forward to your next family vacation.

Tyler Smittle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alpine
Sycuan Golf Resort
Viejas Casino & Resort
Riviera Oaks Resorts
Riviera Oaks Resorts
#2 of 3 in Ramona

Been to Ayres Lodge Alpine? Share your experiences!