“Newest of the Jimmy's Chain in San Diego”
Review of Jimmy's Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Jimmy's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We saw it changing from a Pizza Joint/Video Rental place to a Jimmy's with fond memories of golf at the CV Golf Course, a few drinks at the 19th Hole and a nice home cooked meal at Jimmy's on the Green. We were ready to adopt Jimmy's in Alpine, even before they opened the doors. We brought 3 different groups in with us over a 6 months period, usually 6 to 8 people. The first time was uneventful, but the food was judged as less than fair except for the liver dinner which was pretty good according to our 1 liver eater. Service was only OK, but since they were newly opened, we let it pass. The second time, the food was no better and the service was worse. because we liked the Jimmy's chain, we thought we would give it another try. On the 3rd try, the place was empty at 7 PM, the service was slow and the food, no better. We are back to Janet's Montana from now on.

1  Thank Robert B

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I strongly suspect that everything they serve is home made from scratch. I know that's unlikely. They don't have chickens running around in the back. But the Huevos Rancheros sure tasted like they did. Clearly the salsa, the tortillas, and the refried beans were amazing. In fact, it feels weird to say this, but they actually have the best refried beans I've ever had, anywhere, in my life. Insanely great refried beans? I didn't even know it was possible.