“It's the staff that make it five star!”

Viejas Casino & Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Alpine
North Las Vegas, Nevada
“It's the staff that make it five star!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

This was our second visit to the casino and our first time to stay in the hotel. On our first visit to the casino I raved about the personnel and thought I had just caught everyone on a good day. That was not the case as they wowed us again on this visit. The room was nicely furnished and the shower was to die for. The bed was very comfortable and we appreciated the in room refrigerator and coffee maker. What we can't say enough about is the people, everyone from the hotel registration staff to the change and drink personnel. The all have the same attitude, the customer is king. Thanks for a great stay and we will be back.

Room Tip: We were king deluxe room which was great. I can only imagine the amenities in the larger suites.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

THis little oasis in the mountains is amazing. The hotel rooms are extremely well decorated, all the hotel is beautiful and I can tell enough how nice the employees there are. They made us fell like family almost. Huge smiles all the time, and always trying to help or make some conversations. The casino is big and nice, I wish they had more tables, but it was good enough.
I would definitely go back some time,

Room Tip: Rooms are great, I staying at the top floor - 5th and it was nice. I do not think other levels will...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Calfornia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Living in San Diego, there is lots to chose from. We wanted someplace private for a quiet celebration of our anniversary and we found it. The hotel is small and mostly unknown since it is new.. I recommend you to call to book. The person was understanding and knew lots about the hotel. She gave us a great deal. When we arrived the customer service was 5 star. We found chocolates and personal card in a room that was also 5 star. A refrigerator was important to me so I could bring some special treats for us. There was lovely touches in a dark rich wood toned room. The bed was very comfortable and the over sized shower was pure luxury. We walked to the buffet and then walked across the street to the outlet malls. We did not use the pool but it was quiet large and lovely to look at from our 4th floor room.

Room Tip: Book by phone and ask for higher level rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CalforniaFishingBum
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

I just got back from a lovely 2-day stay in Alpine, California. The new Viejas Casino Hotel is beyond words. The level of customer service is right up there with the legendary service supposedly provided by The Four Seasons Hotel without the pretense and snobbishness that is part of the Four Seasons ambiance. Instead, Viejas provides a very welcome feel and the staff seemed to make us feel like they were happy we came. The property is still under construction and many times the staff apologized for the "mess" which I didn't see. The only glitch in our stay was attempting to get seated at the steak house restaurant. Before the construction, the steak house had a reputation of serving the best steaks in the county and the last time I visited it, this was true. This time, however, due to the construction, the front desk clerk claimed they didn't have a computer and they were only taking people who made advance reservations. I was appalled, however, because the restaurant was clearly nearly empty at the time. So, obviously, people weren't showing up and I cannot understand why a place of business would turn away customers when they were nearly empty. I made a verbal complaint to the hotel front desk and the front desk handled it by putting me on the reservation list without even batting an eye. The manager of the restaurant later apologized to my mother and me. The lady who initially refused to let us in the restaurant did get her revenge, however. When we requested a booth, she refused by saying they were only seating people at a table. She lied, of course, because the poorly dressed couple ahead of us were given a choice of a booth or table and the idiots didn't know what the difference was. The lady later claimed it was because they had reservations, but we did too through the front hotel desk. So, I think she just judged us by "the color of our skin" and the fact that we were dressed in our travel clothes--if you know what I mean. Guess you can't quite escape the snobbishness that comes with Four Seasons-like mentality. Luckily, she wasn't the one who served us our food or I might have been concerned...

Room Tip: Do not choose the mountain view room on the first floor. If you open the window, you can be seen by...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Stella D
Fayetteville, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

This resort is relatively new however you would not know it from the quality of service provided. The rooms are spacious with a very large spa bathroom with a huge walk in shower, make up mirror and spacious vanity. Bedding is luxurious and comfy. Rooms are equipped with large flat screen televisions and plenty of channels. The resort offers gaming, exquisite dining and even its own factory outlet mall.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Love this small hotel...It has everything for a quick get away weekend....The outlet stores have great deals and the pool area is beautiful and relaxing...On the weekends between 5 and 7 there is a wine tasting. Viejas also has a bowling alley and at this time of the year an ice skating rink with beautifully decorated Christmas trees. All kinds of restaurants depending on whether you want a fancy meal or just a quick bite....The Buffet food is wonderful and so is the small cafe and the price is right. I also love the steakhouse...drink special every month...The rooms are very very nice and the bathroom shower is huge....so many things to do and dont forget all the fun you can have gambling!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Malibu, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

I have stayed at hotel all around the world and this new gem is worth a visit. They are so friendly to you every time you pass by any staff member. The rooms are clean, comfortable and the food is good. Their buffet, 4pm-9pm, is amazing and worth the low price. Their cafe is 24 hours and has all the standard fare you would want at 3am when you are hungry or for a nice lunch. The pool area is nice and they have free wine parties for guests on Fri and Sat, but for some reason they didn't tell me that upon check in or give me my vouchers until I asked for them.
And they have an awesome entertainment water feature that plays all day and puts on special shows at night from around 6pm-11pm. Add to that the outlet mall and bowling alley and you have a great relaxing destination.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GoodbyeDubai
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alpine
Ayres Lodge Alpine
Riviera Oaks Resorts
Riviera Oaks Resorts
#2 of 3 in Ramona
San Vicente Golf Resort

Been to Viejas Casino & Resort? Share your experiences!