“Best Microbrewery in San Diego County”

Alpine Beer Company
Ranked #7 of 49 Restaurants in Alpine
Cuisines: American
Description: Zip Code 91901 (619) 445-2337
Description: Zip Code 91901 (619) 445-2337
Reviewed July 19, 2013

IMHO, they make the best beer in San Diego County -- and that' saying a lot as the bar is set exceptionally high in San Diego. Terrific beers. However, this place is always slammed and the service is sketchy at best.

So if you're a beer connoiseur with patience, you'll love it. Plan on standing around for a couple of hours and enjoy the exceptional beers. Maybe if you're lucky you can grab a chair on the back "patio." Otherwise, I wouldn't recommended for non-beer lovers.

1  Thank danielatowson
There are newer reviews for Alpine Beer Company

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I sold my husband on this trip because of this place. He would give it an excellent. He liked the beer, food and music. I don't drink beer so I say it was very good. We brought our 4 year old picky eater. I figured they would have chicken fingers or french fries but no to either of those. Our waiter was great, very friendly and actually talked to our daughter and got her crayons and paper to color. It was a good experience just wish there was more food items.

1  Thank Alyson R
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I ate there because it was recommended to me by a local. It is a very popular small hole-in-the wall. It has a bar, tables, booths and a patio. It had a nice selection of beer, however, I wasn't drinking, but I was hungry. The menu had a special dinner selection, and many bbq sandwiches. I had the pulled pork with cole slaw and a side of baked beans. Both the sandwich and the baked beans had a similar flavor, with a hint of a spicy chili sauce. I love pulled pork sandwiches, but I didn't care for this one. It might be great if you are drinking beer. The crowd was very friendly and on the loud side. I can see why it is popular, however, personally I will not return.

1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have heard a lot about this place. My wife and I went this weekend and everything that was said was true. I had the Pure Hoppiest beer and it was outstanding. We also had the house salad with vinaigrette and pulled bar b q pork potato skins were the best. The salad was fresh (NO ICEBERG) and the dressing was perfect. The only down fall was the crispy fried pickles were not crispy and we did not care for them.

1  Thank tuna1961
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Met my friend for lunch for the first time at the Alpine Brewery. Alpine Brewery is a small place with wonderfully friendly people inside. Upon arriving we were seated in a cafe style booth and immediately tried a 10 ounce Willy and Willy Vanilly for $4.50 each and was very good. The eatery part of the brewery might seat about 50 people. Ordered a beef brisket sandwich that was smothered with BBQ sauce and very tender for about $9. My friend wanted the grilled cheese sandwich with a Portebello mushroom added for about $10 that she enjoyed. Food was very good and had we had lots of options to try different beers. They actually sell a sampler for 4 different beers, about 4 ounces each, giving you an opportunity to try them all :o) Drink responsibly and have a great time here. We both plan to return and bring more friends.

4  Thank Charlene351