“This place is on a roll”

Zen Sushi & Sushi Bar
Ranked #7 of 86 Restaurants in Aliso Viejo
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed November 13, 2016 via mobile

My family and I have been coming here for years. The back patio is kid friendly and the service is great. It also has heat lamps and plenty of seating and light.

The cucumber salad and miso soup are a great start.

I highly recommend the Aliso Viejo Roll and the No Kiss Roll
Our kids love the Terriyaki boat.

Makes me hungry just writing this.

Patio and main restaurant both have good size TVs for sports events or kid distractions.

Reviewed October 25, 2016

The sushi was good. The restaurant needs an overhaul. The tables and menus felt sticky. Too much junk piled around.

Reviewed October 17, 2016

Had the Sashimi appetizer, and the Alaskan roll. Sasha (my daughter) ordered the soy beans and the La Paz roll. The La Paz roll has a crispy soft shell crab in it. Everything was delicious and fresh. For drinks a small hot sake and an ice tea. Total bill with tax was 35.00.
We sat in the patio on back and the staff was friendly and attentive. I will definitely return when I am back in that area.

Reviewed September 12, 2016

This is a small sushi bar with a decent selection of rolls. I've been there twice and it was pretty good both times. The alaskan roll is my favorite so far.

Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

Small busy restaurant and also had a lot of take ours. Was there for a late nite lite dinner. I had the tempura and beef soup. It was so flavorful. They serve beer and wine.i like the decor Nd the server was great.