“Delicious food. Great service!”

Inka Mama Aliso Viejo
Ranked #4 of 85 Restaurants in Aliso Viejo
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

We ate here with our family. The Lomo Saltado and ceviche were super yummy! My younger daughter had the spaghetti and it was the best I have ever tasted on a kids menu! The bread was delicious as well. Very fast and friendly service.

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

Inka Mama's doesn't disappoint with their traditional Peruvian dishes. The first time I tried Inka Mama was with a friend who's from Peru. It was her suggestion and since then (7 years ago) my husband and I go often. Good service. Good drinks. Tasty appetizers. I usually get the Tallarin Verde con Pollo, which is delicious! I've tried other dishes which are also very good but I keep going back to this one. (entree description in photo) If you like trying different places - this is a definite stop!

Reviewed June 1, 2017

NOTE: The restaurant has moved...they are no longer at the address provided by Trip Advisor, but only a few storefronts down at 26731 Aliso Creek Road Suite A.

By my calculation we have been going to the Inka Mama in Aliso Viejo for about 10 years (when it first opened there). [We also go to the original one in Foothill Ranch near my office, but this review is specifically for the Aliso Viejo restaurant.] Several months ago we decided to have dinner at the Aliso Viejo Inka Mama, but it was gone. As we started to walk down the block to look for somewhere else to eat we found that it had not closed, but just moved to a location only a few storefronts away. The new location is much smaller than the old one and not as nicely decorated. It was winter and every time someone opened the door we got a blast of cold air and the place is so small that there is no way of avoiding this. During the move they closed down for a few months and had to let everyone go. It appears that most, if not all, all the serving staff is new, perhaps the kitchen staff too. We didn’t care for the service or the food on that visit, but tried a few more times. Each time the door opening was a problem. On one occasion my wife’s chicken was raw in the middle. The server argued that it was supposed to be like that…only after my wife’s insistence that it “is not supposed to be like that” did the server take the chicken back to be cooked more, saying “If you really want it cooked more I can do that”. After several tries at the Aliso Viejo Inka Mama we have decided not to go back, which is a shame since we used to like it so much and it is near our home. [We still go to the one in Foothill Ranch, but that is not very close to our home and is inconvenient for us to get to.]

Reviewed May 22, 2017

We brought a big group here on a trip down to San Diego. It took us awhile to get seated, which was understandable given our party size and the size of the restaurant - and it was really worth the wait.

Everyone raved about their meals. Great ceviche! Jalea was awesome. I can't reven remember what else we ordered, but everyone got something different, and everyone was very happy with their meal. Will be back again soon!

Reviewed March 16, 2017 via mobile

Food quality has gone down tremendously. Used to be our favorite restaurant. Now the food is low quality and meat is extra chewy. Even worse prices went up? Try peruanas for authenticity.