“Yummy, reasonable”

Dining options: Reservations
Tucson
“Yummy, reasonable”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Don't be put off by the fact this restaurant is part of a chain and located in a mall. The atmosphere was just right and decorated perfectly with large wall murals and even a faux Inca temple entrance. That said, food was my first taste of Peruvian and I was not disappointed. We started with the empenadas and they are not to be missed. One was a spinach stuffing and the other had beef. Flakey crust and double the size you might be expecting. We tried several dishes, including the lomo saltado, which was OK, but the outstanding dish was the fish. To die for. Don't bother with the cocktails, try the beer instead. Enjoy!

• Visited August 2013

Laguna Niguel, California
“Authentic Peruvian food”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Having just come back from Peru with a taste for Peruvian sauces, I decided to try the only local restaurant I could find with all the Peruvian cuisine basics. I had the Ajiaco chicken stew which was in a sauce that brought me back to the streets of Lima and a very good ceviche mixto. The service was very good, the waiter more than helpful with my questions. The decor was far more upscale than I expected of a chain with a nice group of business people at lunch and a nice little bar area. Lunch special pricing was very competitive. Worthy of many repeat visits.

• Visited July 2013
Bay Area
“Great Peruvian Food”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Inka Mama w/p
26741 Aliso Viejo
Very nice ambience with great paintings on wall
Delicious entrees
One of the best lomo saltados
Basil garlic pasta was delicious
Friendly food service
Loved the Peruvian fruit sundae with the Alfaro cookie

• Visited April 2013
Aliso Viejo, California
“Great variety and good service”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Always treated really nice and they have a huge place so not a lot of waiting on regular days or weekends. They have live music on special days and it makes it more romantic..!

Visited March 2013
Des Moines, Iowa, USA
“Good ceviche”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I was excited to discover that there were a number of Peruvian restaurants in this area. Inkatha Mama got a good review on Yelp and was convenient to my client's office so I decided to visit.

I'm currently on Weight Watchers so I was looking for a "low point" meal and ceviche always fits the bill. I started with a bowl of chicken soup ... Ok but nothing special. The ceviche was supposed to be an appetizer but the portion was large enough for a main course for me. It had a nice mixture of seafood, was nicely spicy ... A very satisfying meal.

The rest of the menu looked very nice. It was family friendly with a nice mix of couples, families, friends. I would happily return and sample some other dishes.