“We can't say enough good things!”

Cosmo's Italian Kitchen
Ranked #6 of 82 Restaurants in Aliso Viejo
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Miami, Florida, United States
“We can't say enough good things!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

We were there when they opened - and we came back this summer after we had moved away seven years ago....and seemingly they even remembered us! We used to frequent their restaurant weekly for their fabulous pasta specials. My husband LOVES the spinach, sausage and polenta dish while I like the baked rustica. They are usually very busy, so a short wait can be anticipated. Pricing is moderate. Service is personal and good. If you are vacationing in the Orange County area, this is just a quick hop off the 73-toll road - be sure to stop by!

1 Thank Alicia T

Orange County, California
“Standard good Italian fare without high prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

We took my dad here for dinner with the family... it was his birthday. The service was excellent...our waitress was efficient and always there when we needed something.

We've been here a few times and we met one of the owners who was extremely charming. One of the things I like about the place is it has a homey, family feel to it. The food isn't spectacular but it's very good.

You feel like you're at an Italian relative's house. Lots of food, lots of good vibes (everyone there was smiling) and there was a guitarist singing Italian classics...in Italian. He looked like a character right out of The Godfather.here's the weird part... he didn't know the classic wedding song, Mezza Luna. Really?

The food: Dad ordered Linguine and clams in white sauce and was very happy....there were a ton of clams (small ones) on his pasta. I had the lobster raviolis and while the pasta was excellent and obviously homemade, the sauce was too salty for my taste. That can happen when you are dealing with a cream sauce--the chef over-salts to bring out the flavors in a cream sauce. The kids had their own pizzas and they were excellent. Hubby had a seafood pasta dish and was happy.

This place is packed every day of the week-- that should tell you something since it's been around for at least ten years. The food isn't out-of-this-world but it is very good and the portions are generous-- you will be bringing home food. The salads, by the way, are excellent.

Highly recommend for families with young children that want good food and don't want to go to a place crawling with kids and have to suffer through sub-standard food. The kids are welcome here and the staff lets you know it.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank SportsReporter
Laguna Beach, California
“Great Italian food and wine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

For a casual Italian lunch or dinner, go to Cosmo's in Aliso Viejo. Have never been disappointed with anything we have ordered. Friendly staff, outside seating, full bar, and to go service. We like to go for a late lunch or early dinner as it can get pretty busy....especially on weekends. Don't forget to try the homemade Lemoncello!

1 Thank passion4travel296
Mission Viejo, CA
“not bad - but not the best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Went there the other night with my kids and a friend of my daughter's - we were headed to a movie later, so this was in the neighborhood. The friend has severe milk allergies, and we were very hard pressed to find anything for her to eat - everything had cheese in it - even their marinara sauce and bruschetta. We were finally able to get a garlic and oil olive sauce for her spaghetti. Kind of sad that is was so difficult ... her mom had said we shouldn't have a problem at an Italian place - they go to dinner at other places all the time with no problems. I wish they could have more accomodating for us. Fortunately the friend was very understanding and said the pasta was just fine. Still, I wasn't very pleased with the waitress's inability to help or even be sympathetic.

As for the food - it was ok. I had the eggplant parmesan sandwich - it looked like the breaded eggplant came frozen - very uniform in size and breading. It had a small spoonful of marinara sauce and some meltled mozzerella on top. It was only average - I've had much better at Peppino's (and I generally don't recommend Peppino's!) There was a pasta salad with the sandwich ... full of some white sauce and had a slight taste of fish (like canned tuna) ... kind of odd. My husband had a shrimp pasta, and he said it was pretty good - it was also plenitful with shrimp. My girls both got the pasta ... nothing special, as most kids' meals are not. But their prices seemed a bit high for a plate of plain pasta - I think it was $6.95 for about .79 worth of pasta.

The bread is very good and the waitress kept bringing us more ... it was the only great thing about the meal. The service was decent too ... we were in and out in less than an hour (and made it to our movie with plenty of time).

Lakewood Village,TX
“Great Alsio Viejo neighborhood Italian Restaurant.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

This was my second visit to this small neigborhood restaurant with my daughter,grandaughter,son-inlaw and wife. I again enjoyed the fresh home made chicken raviolis with marinara sauce, nice house salad and fresh bread with balsalmic and olive oil, and a glass of house Chianti wine - YUM! This is a great local casual hangout and is family and small child friendly with warm service and a smile. It's not a chain restuarant and has great fresh pasta and reasonable prices for an Orange County establishment.
My only regret is that it is a long trip to get here from my current home in Texas. But I will return again when visiitng family here on my next trip.

• Visited May 2012