“THIS AIN'T YOUR LIKE YOUR LOCAL SUSHI BAR ”
Review of Bistro Anju

Bistro Anju
Ranked #9 of 85 Restaurants in Aliso Viejo
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

Note: I only give and Excellent ratings to 5% of my reviews.

Great fresh imported fish from Japan prepared by an imaginative chef using added ingredients like truffles, caviar and foie gras. Great preparation. Wonderful presentation. Your typical sushi/sashimi/ rolls offerings are available to accompany the chefs specials. There is a very comprehensive sake menu along with all of the Japanese beers. A must to complete your meal is the green tea Creme brûlée with fresh fruit. Prices are commensurate with the quality of the dishes that you enjoyed. This is a Japanese / sushi fusion meal that you may not be able to find ANYWHERE else. If you don't have a great meal, you can send me the bill.

Reviewed June 6, 2017

We have lived is Aliso Viejo for years and try to get out to new restaurants when we can. We tried Bistro Anju last night (6/5/17) it is Japanese Fusion., Chef (owner) Hideki Saito happened to be behind the Sushi Bar and was an outstanding host and Chef; friendly and very informative. This place is in the strip mall behind the Chevron Station near the cleaners, it is easy to miss with a no frills exterior (don't miss it). The inside has a small Sushi Bar and around 10 tables (not a big place). However, the food was the best I have ever tasted - bar none the best! I have been to nearly all the Sushi Restaurants in South Orange County; this was by far the best food ever. It doesn't have the fancy menu with pictures and the OC normal cuisine for a Sushi Bar. Hideki made us some scallop sushi - we were leary but OMG it melted in our mouths (fantastic). He made a Unagi Roll with spicy tuna inside - fantastic. I am ashamed that we hadn't tried this before - this is true Japanese Sushi by a Japanese Sushi Chef. If you want excellent food in a no frills friendly place give it a try, I guarantee that the food will blow your socks off. You will see things on the menu that you won't find in many places (salt water eel, japanese oysters, etc). These foods run out by the weekend so, if you want the rare foods dine after Tuesday before Friday night. I hope you enjoy this place as much as we did.

Reviewed April 14, 2017 via mobile

I've been to Bistro Anju 5 or 6 times over the past couple of years the last visit being yesterday. The food here is fantastic. The fish is always exceptional and they do all the Japanese classics as good as any Japanese restaurant I have been to in Orange County. The tempura, chicken karaage, agadashi tofu, kakuni pork, Japanese pickles, etc. all fabulous. They have real crab in their rolls and some interesting French/Japanese fusion dishes as well which are great. The service is friendly the vibe is casual but classy. There is a sushi bar as well as tables - the sushi chefs are the real deal. If you are looking for a great Japanese meal go to Bistro Anju!!

Reviewed January 2, 2017

One of the best sushi dinners I have had, with authentic menu and great service. Can't miss this place.

Reviewed August 22, 2016

have french style in the food, taste good, just sometime the service is slow, but so far, we like their food !