“The Chef should be Ashamed of himself!”
Review of Stadium Brewing Co

Stadium Brewing Co
Ranked #10 of 85 Restaurants in Aliso Viejo
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Won't be going back. Went their on Saturday 8/11 for dinner prior to a movie. Trying to eat healthy and make better choices since I have recently lost 40lbs! I attempted to order the Chimichuri Fillet Skewers -- the presentation was with Sweet Potato Frys, I requested to have a side salad INSTEAD of the frys. I was informed by the server that "unfortunately we cannot make any substitutions on these certain menu items due to the Chef's Presentation. The Chef is very particular and the Fillet Skewers must be plated this way" OK -- Seriously?!! First of all -- with all of the people out there with specific dietary needs, this Chef should be ASHAMED of himself -- this was a small request and if he is more concerned about the presentation of the food than the guests who are actually patronizing maybe he should only cook at home. Having also been a server for several years what a terrible way to set up your staff. They are the ones that experience the displeasure from your guests when something that should be an easy switch will not be accommodated. Just too many dining choices out there that are flexible and want you to enjoy your experience.

2  Thank Cari K

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Food and atmosphere are average. The service was bad

1  Thank lsoaita
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I always look for local brew pubs and spotted the Stadium Brewpub on the web and thought I would check it out.

I found it in a complex near an Edward's movie theater. They had both inside and patio seating. I checked out their menu and saw that their entrees were in the $20 to $35 range with salads around $15 to $18.

I went inside and sat at the bar. I was pleasantly surprised to see a nice selection of craft beer on tap as well as bottles in addition to their beers. I decided to just try their home brewed beers.

I first tried their Dubble Dark IPA that had a nice malty flavor. I was told it had Belgian Hops. I thought it was very good. Smooth and crisp with a nice finish and flavor.

Then, I ordered their IPA which was weak and not very hoppy. I was told they used west coast hops for that brew.

Their menu had a wide variety of food options with pastas, steaks, fish, sushi, etc. But, I felt their prices were a little high for my liking.

Instead of choosing an over priced entree, I decided on a salad that was just OK.

I thought that their best offerings were the beer selections available.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

I love this restaurant. They have an excellent selection of drinks and food. It gets busy during holidays like St. Patrick's Day and Cinco De Mayo, but it is so much fun!

Reviewed January 30, 2012

We live right across the street and come here often, almost every week. It's a very good place for family/friends just to relax after work. Food is good, beer is excellent.