“Best Chicken Parmesan!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We have been to different Macaroni Grills, but the meal we had at the one in Aliso Viejo just last week was the best ever. My husband and I both got Chicken Parmesan and it was excellent!!! The portions were very generous. The taste delicious. The service superb! (Loved our waiter! Guy who just moved to CA from Iowa, who used to work in a seafood restaurant.) I mention the service because it is to rare to find a server who is in tune with when and when NOT to approach the table - and how much to say - or not say. He had a real feel for this and was not the least bit annoying :) Definitely recommend the Macaroni Grill in Aliso Viejo!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Really enjoy the food here. My companion was very appreciative of the large portion sizes because he gets very hungry from burning massive calories during extreme sports workouts.

They bring a small loaf of warm bread that's lightly seasoned with rosemary. I usually don't like rosemary in my food, (like the smell tho) but it was subtle enough that was actually good.
Love the Bibb & Blue salad!
I had a pasta special - don't remember the name but it was pasta stuffed with butternut squash & a creamy sauce that reminded me of pumpkin? Whatever it was it was delicious.
Tiramisu was decadently good but I'm guessing it was made elsewhere.
Atmosphere is always pleasant - consistent with other locations.
Service is good. Our waiter was very pleasant & sweet.
Bonus! The manager intermittently would sing opera to the diners! It's something you see at Miceli's & so unexpected for a chain restaurant like Macaroni Grill.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We use to go to Macaroni Grill all the time and then we stopped going. Not sure if we just got tired of it or forgot that we enjoyed their food. Well we were looking to eat late around 9:30 pm and decided to stop at the restaurant. They now sport a new menu and the food was still very good.

Reviewed July 7, 2009

I used to come here with my family every couple months but the last time I dined here after watching a movie I noticed maybe 4 other families dining and there were more staff then diners. I ordered a beer and an appetizer as well as our entrees sicnce we waited so long to get out drink order. I kid you not we had waited over 45 minutes before we anyone came over to our table. No refills No App. Nothing. I noticed our Waiter was chit chatting with the bartender for sometime and so I walked over there and kindly asked if we could get some refills which he waived me off initially and then said I'm busy I will be there in a minute. He was a younger kid very rude. So I went to my table to where we sat for another 10 minutes and My Sister finally got up and spoke to a Manager whos said yes I have already talked to the server and hes already made me aware of your problem. Excuse me? My Problem? I wasnt aware we had a problem and if he has time to talk to A Manager about our problem then he had time to get usour refills. We said we wanted out bill at which point the server came back with our appetizer and we said no thank you and he started arguing with us. This is unnacepatable and I will never go to this Macaroni Grill again. You should be ashamed of yourself and I hope you have fired this Server since then but based on his attitude I am sure he probably quit. This happend months ago and I am still angry just thinking about it.

Reviewed November 11, 2008

I think we all know that this is one of the most consistant restaurant chains around. Food is always good and affordable. My girlfriend is Italian and a great cook and she and her kids are the ones' regularly requesting this for dinner. Recently found a flaw and had a poor dining experience. They ran out of ingredients and rather than fessing up they just delayed our meal and cooked it minus important ingredients. Very strange. All in all Paige and the rest of the wait staff are great and we will most certianly return.