“Great place!”

OPAH Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
OPAH Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 85 Restaurants in Aliso Viejo
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Opah Restaurant & Bar, we serve the finest fresh fish in Orange County. Carefully hand selected each day to deliver the best quality available. Come in and enjoy the menu created by Marc A. Cohen, One of the Best Chef's in Orange County. The menu is exquisite, featuring edible works of art, that look so good the could be on a magazine cover. Dont forget to try one of our signature Award Winning Martinis, or have some wine outside near the fireplace on the patio. We offer live music for our patrons on certain nights as well to add to the dining experience. If you wondering how we came up with the name Opah. It comes from the Hawaiian word for Moonfish, which was once viewed as Good Luck by fisherman, & often given away as a gesture of Good Will.
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My friend and I had a delightful lunch here to celebrate her birthday. The food was, as always, delicious and the service was excellent. I always have the Caesar salad with Polenta cubes and their fresh warm bread. My friend had a Salmon salad which, she said was wonderful. The staff is very efficient but makes no attempt to rush you, which was appreciated since we were there, in part, to "Chit Chat." I have eaten here many times and will come again and again. During the evening the atmosphere is quieter, the lights are dimmed and you can comfortably enjoy a romantic dinner with your "sweetie."

Reviewed May 3, 2014

The food has always been good. I have sent back a few drinks for being way too strong. I like a drink to have flavor, not just alcohol. Service has generally been very good. I do really like this spot and will continue to go here!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

The fish here is wonderful. I had the seared tuna, two others in our group had the opah (a white fish that has a similar texture to tuna) and we had the beet salad and the house salad to start. The wine was decent, the service was good and the place was lively. It's located in a giant outdoor mall, and parking fills up quickly on the weekend, with movie goers (like us).

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Great appies and cocktails with happy hour prices before 6 everyday. Love meeting friends and sitting in the outdoor patio. Best spot for drinks in AV.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Opah's is great. We love Watermarc in Laguna Beach, and this is the same chef. Prices are higher but reasonable for the area. Food is delicious and great drink menu.

1  Thank u2rodeogirl