All reviewshealth clubfitness centerhotel attachedamazing gymlaguna beachcitrus grillfitness classeshotel guestsbasketball courthotel gymsteam roomtoll roadfamily poolself parkingfree weightslarge showerfire pit
Reviewed August 30, 2017

We were here because we came up from San Diego for the Pageant of the Masters which was lots of fun. It is very close by.

Three pools and one was Olympic sized. Grounds nicely landscaped. All details attended to here. Cool lamps in the room. Aveda bath products. Neat alarm clock. Shower head was one of those cool ones that are high up with the water coming straight down. The lobby and bar upscale. Very cool fixtures and adornments.

Service was excellent and friendly. Parking garage close to the room.

Didn't use the fitness center, but sure was fabulous! Lots of Laguna Beach wives using it on Monday morning.

Things we didn't love. AC only went to 68 and was not cold enough. Booked the room using Marriott points and parking was not comped and was $19. (I guess the garage is run by a contractor) We were having drinks in the bar on Sunday night and there were only 3 others there. One guy was super drunk and just blam, threw up right on the floor. Staff didn't blink an eye and cleaned it all up. The weird thing was that he wasn't asked to leave! I think he had another drink!

Overall, fantastic hotel and hopefully will come back next year for another Pageant of the Masters.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

Well located, rooms are spotless clean and most important these days.. The internet connexion seems to work just fine..so far.. The gym is amazing they have all the tool you need to keep in shape. Also the pools are perfect and of course the California temperature help liking all this ;-)

Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2017

I've been coming to this hotel for years for work trips and it's always been great.
The people are the front desk are always very nice, accommodating and are helpful when you need transportation.

The Citrus Grill at the hotel has a great menu and they have awesome outdoor seating with fire pits which is a great way to wind down the day. Service can be a bit slow outside but it's not a big deal.

The gym and pool are also really nice and not too packed in the AM and great amenities to use while there.

The only compliant is that there isn't a mini fridge in the room but apparently you can call the front desk and they'll bring you one. They do this to save energy from what I understand so I can't argue with that.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2017 via mobile

This place is amazing. The only hesitancy to write a review is fear this place will get too busy. We just had an amazing vacation, with our children, at this hotel. What other vacation can you go to where you work out everyday and feel healthier than when you checked-in! We will absolutely be back. The staff, service, accommodation, location - everything was perfect.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed June 19, 2017

We stayed here for the weekend during my daughter's soccer tournament in the area. The rooms are well appointed. The beds are a tad small (2 double beds, rather than 2 queen beds), but very comfortable, which made up for the small size. The check in process was easy, with warm and courteous staff. Onsite self parking was easy and only a few minutes walk to the lobby. The breakfast buffet was excellent.

There was one significant issue we encountered: On the first night there, we had dinner on the outdoor patio, under a cabana/gazebo cover. We were 12 adults, and it was perfect. The following night, even though some of us were considering going out to a restaurant in the area for dinner, we decided to return to the same place at the hotel for dinner. While the other soccer folks are getting ready to join me, I sit in the cabana so keep it for our group. Now, bear in mind, this is not a pool cabana. It's more of a gazebo on the restaurant patio. Since I have not been served by anyone at this point (about 15 minutes), I walk to the waitress and politely ask for menus, stating that we are a group of 10-12 coming for dinner. At this point, she looks at me coldly and asks "Well, do you have reservations?". I was a bit surprised, since it is on the patio, with no one else wanting to sit there. But I answer her "Uh, no, but we had dinner here last night, and enjoyed it, so we wanted to have dinner here again tonight". She answers me that reservations are needed to that area, that there is a $200 Cabana fee, plus a $150 minimum food order. I explain to her that the minimum is not an issue, we'll eat a lot more than $150, but that I don't understand why we would be charged a $200 "Sitting fee" if we are having dinner there, and why did they not try to charge us that the previous night? She answers me "Last night, we closed half the patio, so didn't charge you for the cabana, but tonight it's a $200 fee." She wasn't even nice about it, more of a "Deal with it" attitude. I asked if I could speak to the manager, and she told me the guy behind the bar was the manager. He was nicer in his delivery, but told us the same thing. It's a $200 fee if you want to eat there. So we just got a regular table. During the entire evening, nobody used that cabana (there are 2, and neither one was used at all).

Overall, we did really enjoy the hotel. The most amazing part of the place was the sports club. OMG, it's massive. They even have 3 squash courts!! As well as a large basketball court, spinning room, large stretching room, tons of cardio machines, weights, ... I though this was brilliant! While most other resorts claim that their spas is their attraction (Soandso Resort and Spa), here they give you a massive gym that would rival the best gyms in LA! Why didn't they think of that before?

I would definitely stay here again. But guys, come on, don't try to charge your clients a $200 sitting fee to have the privilege of sitting in your restaurant, especially since we were return customers, a group of 12 that had dinner at that exact same place the night before.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family