Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Aliso Viejo
Scotland
“the best”
Reviewed June 27, 2009

We are just back from here and I really have nothing but praise for this hotel. Everything is clean, bright and well thought out. Even the food served was fairly good for the type of menu. I think they may have given up some of the healthy part to the menu as it includes fries etc now. Even our grumpy teenage son seemed to enjoy here. There was a good "buzz" around the fire pits at night and it was very pleasant to set there and folks were very friendly. really the only thing I have a problem with in this review is we want to go back and I don't want it to get too busy!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank Scapa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Orange County, CA
Reviewed May 9, 2009

Although I have not yet stayed at this hotel, I live in the neighborhood and had an emergency that required faxing in the middle of the night. When I called to see if I could use the business center, I was so impressed by the friendly and helpful reception I received from the employee who picked up the call. When I arrived, he was beyond helpful and accomodating, and made the whole situation so much easier to resolve. I also had the chance to view the lounge area, which was beautiful (as I had also heard from friends). Even though I live close by I would love to stay here for a mini-getaway. The Renaissance Aliso Viejo seems to be a first-class resort across the board. And it seems the other reviews reflect that as well!

Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Tiki2002
Montoursville, PA
Reviewed March 27, 2009

I stayed here on business during the first full week in December, 2008. I have never had a more comfortable stay in all of the trips I've taken to the Aliso Viejo/Irvine area.

The staff was fabulous the room comfortable and modern. I can't give higher marks to any hotel!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank pamski6
berlin
Reviewed March 4, 2009

Very clean big modern rooms and bathrooms. Excellent large exercise pool (olympic dimensions: 25m lane) with everything you need (incl. swim wear dryer!!). Very friendly and helpful staff (we were a little picky about our room and after the 3rd attempt to satisfy our needs we were offered a free breakfast for the inconvenience -- not that you try this on purpose, but it shows a positive attitude of the staff!).
Go there!!
The 14-mile-drive to Laguna Beach always pays off!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bosporus
San Diego, CA
Reviewed February 27, 2009

My wife and I stayed here because of the proximity to Laguna Beach, the value is unbeatable, we thouroughly enjoyed our stay. We also discovered new places we liked in Laguna Beach from driving in the "back" way.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BooRad77
San Clemente, California
Reviewed January 25, 2009

I know that this property had it's pain when it first opened, like allot of new hotels. That said; they have got the bugs out and it's well worth the trip. I am in the hospitality business and can say I've seen it all until now. A totally unique experience and probably the blueprint for the future. Great staff from the reception desk to the Rooms Director and the locker room attendant to the Executive Chef. All first rate and the reason why they are now so successful. My fiance and I had a great massage preceded by an intense workout in the montruous fitness facility. Thanks to a professional courtesy we were upgraded to an Executive Suite. Pay the difference, it's worth it. Highly recommend the Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo. I look forward to reading future comments from fellow readers. Enjoy... we did!

• Liked — Spa and fitness center
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank coastalbrett
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 15, 2008

I recently returned from a 3 day weekend stay at Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Hotel. This hotel is amazing. They exceeded my wildest expectations. I travel every week for work, so I am able to experience many hotels throughout the country. This is not a hotel for business travelers, but more appropriate for people looking for a relaxing get-a-way. I was greeted as soon as I pulled into the driveway to check-in. The customer service at this hotel is one of the best in the country that I have experienced. They called to follow-up on my requests, they greeted me by name and often left personal hand-written notes. In addition, the attached sports club is better than any gym I have ever been to. The equipment is high tech, the classes offered are amazing and the locker room is so relaxing that could you stay in the hot tubs & steam room all day. The hotel's restaurant was very good too. Very fresh produce used and very flavorful dishes. Some travelers have mentioned children running wild in the hotel. I personally never saw this during my 3 day stay. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — The Sports Club.
  • Disliked — There was nothing to complain about.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Chicago-60653
#1 of 1 in Laguna Woods
Laguna Beach House
Laguna Beach House
#7 of 22 in Laguna Beach

Been to Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!