Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach Hotel
Homewood
$157
$152
Orbitz.com
Laguna Hills Lodge(Laguna Hills)(Great Value!)
$121
$105
Fairfield Inn Mission Viejo Orange County(Mission Viejo)(Great Value!)
$129
Fairfield Inn
$109
$98
$95
Agoda.com
Holiday Inn Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$136
Travelocity
  • Pool
$142
Laguna Brisas Hotel(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$116
  • Breakfast included
Laguna Beach Inn(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$113
$110
All reviewshealth clubfitness centerlaguna beachfitness classescitrus grillamazing gymhotel gueststown centrebasketball courttoll roadsteam roomfamily poolhotel gymsports facilityself parkingfree weightslarge shower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I stayed Mon-Fri last week for a conference and it was one of the worst experiences I've had in a long time. One particular front desk staff had an attitude whenever I made a simple request.

When you enter your room, the staff very kindly leaves an apple in a glass dish for you to eat. I grabbed the apple to snack on the day after I checked in and someone took a huge bite out of it and put it back in the dish, bite side down. I calmly went downstairs and there were two men standing by the front desk. When I told the manager in charge about the apple incident, his first response was "Well I hope you don't have a beef with anyone here." I didn't say anything and just stared at him dumbfounded until he realized his mistake and he quickly corrected himself. He said he would investigate and get back to me about the matter. No one ever did.

Housekeeping would clean the room and instead of gently folding any clothes laying around (as I would experience at other hotels), I would come back from a long day and my clothes were thrown in piles on the floor.

There are crank windows that are accessible to open if you kneel down on the floor to let some air in. I came back during a lunch break and the window was wide open. Normally it wouldn't concern me that much but my 2 year old toddler was traveling with me and could have easily fallen out of the window had it gone unnoticed.

I valeted one day and was charged with two. What else?.....Let's see.

Oh yes - As I was driving off Friday afternoon, I realized I left some newly purchased clothing in the dresser. When I called about it, I was conveniently told there was nothing left in the room.

After I was denied 30 minutes longer than the check out time, I stupidly decided to check my bags at the front desk. When I got home I realized my expensive set of makeup brushes was gone.

So all in all, it was a crappy stay. My boss asked me today to book another conference there and when I told him what happened, he told me we're never going back.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank S. Rachael P
Michaeld R, Director of Sales at Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear S. Rachael P.,

I would like to personally thank you for sharing with us the series of unfortunate incidents that you experienced during your hotel stay with us. Here at Renaissance ClubSport, we strive to do our very best for all of our hotel guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do find areas of opportunity for improvement.

Please know, we will look into each issue that you have noted. We take your comments and feedback very seriously as a member of the Renaissance Hotels brand, especially in regard to guest safety, and the safety of your personal effects.

As a part of Marriott, we understand and appreciate that today’s travelers are more concerned than ever about their safety and security. Security has always been one of our top priorities and over the past several years we have increased our focus in this area.

Security procedures and risk assessments at our property are reviewed often. Our Management staff has been trained to assess and respond appropriately to any safety or security situation, and our collective hotels work closely with local, state, federal, and international authorities. Additionally, we work with the U.S. Department of State in establishing security protocols for our hotels. Because each property is unique, including configuration and location, individual security measures are tailored to each hotel. For these reasons, we believe we are providing a very safe and secure hotel stay for our guests here at Renaissance ClubSport. And, if possible, I'd like to invite you back personally for what I know will be a much-improved experience.

I would invite you to contact me personally at 949-330-5534 (direct line), to discuss this matter in further detail. (email is michael.robby@clubsports.com)

We hope to see you again, and thanks for choosing Renaissance Hotels.

Michael Robby
Director of Hotel Sales
Renaissance ClubSport

Reviewed July 31, 2014

We checked in easily, got our keys and then found that the keys did not work; Luckily, a representative from housekeeping was nearby ( their room on the floor was directly across from our room) who let us in and arranged to have key delivered. Unfortunately, the housekeeping room was directly across from our room and the door was open a lot in the early evening (8-11p) and a lot of loud conversations were heard. We ordered room service as the kids wanted desert. The cookies were stale and the RS rep spilled my wine before delivering it to me. Promised to return ASAP (actually came 25 min later) and stated that it was on the house. it wasn't.
Finally, the room came with a pull out sofa bed, however there was no linen in the closets and we had to call to have sheets brought in and the bed made.The king bed in the room was covered by a nice mattress topper,however the sheet did not encase the mattress at all and there was no mattress pad encasing the mattress.. With movement, the topper of course moved exposing a bare mattress. I cannot think that this is in anyway appropriate in a hotel with the multitude of guests sleeping on a surface that cannot be cleaned daily.
On the room service menu for breakfast there was a place to indicate time for delivery. We put 6:00am-6:15 as we had to leave very early for an event.
No lie, at 6:15 room service calls our room and asks if we really wanted our food at that hour. When I stated, yes of course. they said they would bring it as soon as it was ready. To top it off, the food was not good. The croissants were stale and there was a lot of excess grease on the bacon.
This room was very pricey and we will not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank 980mary
Reviewed July 30, 2014

The room is nice, but they try to be so trendy that many things are not functional. Got a roll away, worked great unless you wanted to lay on it. Warning, do not leave personal items out, came back from the wedding to find all of the shoe boxes, suit and dress covers (placed in the closet) thrown away. Finally, ask about parking before you do so - $100 for three days parking. Don't question them either, had the guy (appeared to be in charge of some kind) tell me he told me on the phone how expensive it was. When I told him I never called him he pretty much told me I was a liar (to be honest, his exact words were "I know I talked to you"). In the end, at least they were very very courteous when they said how sad they were and handed me the bill. Oh, BTW, I will not be staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Barth M
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Excellent room (spacious, good shower amenities, big bed with 6 pillows), great fitness and pool facilities (good variety of equipment, free classes, details right down to fruit-infused water, heated whirlpool), great food at the bistro (eg. smoothies) and the grill (fish tacos are really good!).

Good service as well.

About 15 mins walk to the town centre and 20 mins to Anaheim Disneyland by cab without traffic.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We selected this property primarily because it was only a short distance from the Pageant of the Masters. It delivered other advantages. The hotel offered free access to an excellent workout facility. The pool area was lovely. Our room was spacious. We enjoyed free parking in a structure that was very close to the property. Staff was friendly and gracious. There were a few downsides. Despite a large showerhead in the European-style shower, the flow was weak. The bathroom lighting was designed to automatically go on upon approach so a visit there in the middle of the night could awaken someone sleeping in the bedroom. Since the bathroom door was made of glass, the light could continue to irritate the sleeper. As the sleeper, I was not happy. The towels were scratchy. A simple breakfast for the two of us cost more than 40 dollars with tip.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
RenaissanceClubSport, Director of Sales at Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear Debra-Lynne T,

Thanks for choosing the Renaissance ClubSport Hotel for your recent visit to the Laguna Beach area and the famous Pageant of the Masters festival. We hope you enjoyed the show and discovered something wonderfully new during your time in this area.

Your experience in the hotel and our deluxe guestrooms is also very important to us in our on-going commitment to providing the best possible hotel stay for our guests in this unique location, near Laguna Beach. We will follow up on the items you mentioned, as well, we'd like to invite you to come back again soon - it would be my pleasure to personally assist you and ensure a perfect hotel stay in one of our best guestrooms. Please let me know.

As you experienced, our Aliso Viejo hotel near Laguna Beach, is a unique blend of full-service hotel and world-class sports club. Guests enjoy our trademark Renaissance hospitality with complimentary access to ClubSport, a 75,000-square-foot fitness resort complete with a massive fitness floor, six group exercise studios, aquatic center, splash park and childcare services. Additionally, we are only 5 miles away from the international resort destination of Laguna Beach, which awaits you with its famous Pacific coastline – just minutes away in Laguna Canyon, guests can experience seasonal events such as the famous Pageant of the Masters festival, the Sawdust Festival, the Festival of the Arts, and more.

Thanks for choosing Renaissance Hotels and remember to live life to discover!

Michael Robby