Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Aliso Viejo
Carson, California
“Relaxing Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

Front Desk Agents were amazing, they were friendly and accommodating. Went with the family to Celebrate my sister's birthday and she was impressed with the gym and pools. Will be coming back next month with rest of the family.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RenaissanceClubSport, Director of Sales at Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Obrend1,

We thank you for your kind words and will share your positive feedback with our staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon here at the Renaissance ClubSport Hotel. Your loyalty and support of our brand is very much appreciated.

Director of Hotel Sales
michael.robby@clubsports.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We stay at this hotel at least twice a year when I visit my brother who lives down the street. I have to say I was underwhelmed by this visit. When we visited the pool on one occasion it was left in a state of diss array...used towels lay all over chairs that were not being used and used cups, plates, and other misc. trash remained on the tables for the several hours I was there. I'm pretty understanding when it comes to these things, but the "manager" in the purple shirt stood next to the "lifeguards" (who were some of the absolute worst I've ever seen...would not trust them watching my dog let alone my child) and chatted for a good 45 minutes. It's a shame that this individual is collecting a paycheck that someone else could be earning by actually doing his job rather than flirting with underage females. Pretty appalling. Lastly, I ordered 2 margaritas and 2 sodas from the bar I was told it was $36, when I questioned this it was changed to $31 ($12 for each drink and $3.25 for the sodas). Does that add up to $31....Uhhhh no! Tired of the run around I just paid and left!! The following day I returned to the pool and was given a menu, only to find out the margaritas are $11 and the sodas are free! What!?!? Needless to say I hope the hotel across the street gets built sooner rather than later...

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Amy C
Houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

We came in for our granddaughter's graduation. Everyone was so nice. Room was great, overlooking the pool. For us, it's a great location. Didn't use gym, but used the pool and facilities. Wish my gym had a saltwater pool! Wasn't crazy about the buffet, but I'm not big on buffets, anyway. Kind of noisy with the work going on installing a new pool, I heard.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

Our second stay wasn't as good as the first. As occurred on our last weekend stay the hotel was hosting a wedding and so was busy. However staff numbers seemed to need boosting. Room still fine and everyone was friendly but breakfast service was slow with some wait staff simply "hanging around". After waiting 20 minutes for our bags to be picked up we carried them downstairs ourselves with no car waiting either. The desk staff member said that they had been very busy but it looked OK to me at the time. Good location and value so I would give them another stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
RenaissanceClubSport, Manager at Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Ross Y,

We thank you for choosing Renaissance ClubSport Hotel and are glad to hear that you have been a frequent guest. That said, we are concerned about the service you experienced and will be doing some follow up work in those areas to make sure we can continue to provide the service excellence we are known for. As well, I would like to personally invite you back again and make sure it is a VIP experience for you. You will find my contact information below, and I look forward to setting up your next hotel stay.

Thanks for your loyalty to Renaissance Hotels and see you again soon.

Senior Hotel Sales Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

Stayed there for a couple of weeks.... Staff is very friendly and helpful... Rooms are spacious, well maintained and timely room service.. complimentary wi-fi is pretty fine... Pools side facing rooms get good sunlight and view of the city.... Food is kind of pricey, but good... Overall ambiance is pleasant- always... Only complaint if any for the rooms would be on the 'not-so-friendly' menu options-description of TV channels... but that's probably a universal issue there...
Location wise very close to the Town Center for regular shopping....

Overall a very good experience, strongly recommend especially for business trips

Room Tip: Pool side facing rooms have a good view over the city landscape, more sunlight too (depending on whe...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

I agree with the other reviewer who called this place a gym with a hotel attached. That's not to say it's a bad thing. Great amenities. I thoroughly enjoyed the spa services, the hot tubs, and the salt water pool. The menu in the restaurant and on the patio was more diverse (enough to please any person, whether they're watching their diet or not) and more reasonably priced than I expected, and the whole menu is available for room service. The hotel is in kind of a strange location (set in a sort of business park), but once inside the hotel or at the outdoor pool, it's easy to imagine you're at a secluded resort hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights in March and loved my stay...for a fitness conscious person, I really enjoyed waking up and going for a leisurely swim in the lap pool followed by breakfast outside. It was EXACTLY what I needed. The food was convenient and satisfying...nothing to write home about but got the job done when in a hurry. Definitely wouldn't be my top choice for a big family looking to stick their kids in the pool but for a solo traveler it was in just the location I needed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RenaissanceClubSport, Senior Hotel Sales Manager at Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear MeljChicago,

Thanks for the review - and for choosing Renaissance ClubSport Hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Renaissance ClubSport's mission is to transform your leisure or business trip into an inspiring journey when you stay us here at the doorstep to Laguna Beach, California. Our resort-style accommodations and top-notch sports club provide guests and families alike with a world of new discoveries. All hotel guests enjoy convenient, complimentary access to ClubSport, our 75,000-square-foot club, with state-of-the-art equipment, 6 group exercise studios, aquatic center, Kids World, and a splash park.

Families with kids will delight in our lovely hotel accommodations and club amenities - with the additional opportunities to discover all the best of the Aliso Viejo, Irvine Spectrum and Laguna Coast while enjoying the intriguing and uniquely-independent Renaissance ClubSport Hotel.

Senior Hotel Sales Manager
#1 of 1 in Laguna Woods
Laguna Beach House
Laguna Beach House
#3 of 22 in Laguna Beach

Been to Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!