All reviewshealth clubfitness centerhotel attachedamazing gymlaguna beachcitrus grillfitness classeshotel guestsbasketball courthotel gymsteam roomtoll roadfamily poolself parkingfree weightslarge showerfire pit
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I had booked an appointment for my son and I to go check out this gym, as we are looking for a family gym and this is close and convenient. I made the appointment with "Joy" online to come in and take the tour and find out about the amenities offered. My son and I showed up on time at 4:30. We were greeted by someone on the hotel side. I gave my name and she asked me to take a seat. My son and I waited for 20 minutes, with no one coming to offer us a drink or that the woman would be late. Nothing! So finally, my son and I walk out, asking the front to comp our valet since we did not meet with her. Very unprofessional. Then she had the audacity to text me at 5:02 after we left to ask where I was. Joy did not make me feel very "joyful" and did not represent her company well.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
RenaissanceClubSport, Director of Sales at Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear MJAlisoViejo05,
On behalf of the management of the Renaissance ClubSport, we were very concerned to learn of your recent experience and frustration with our membership team. Please know, this has been addressed on an executive level, and we can ensure it will not happen again, as this particular representative is no longer with our organization. That said, we would sincerely like to welcome you back to meet with our Membership Sales Director and see if we can still make you and your family members of our wonderful club. Please let us know.

Respectfully,

Frank Villar
Membership Sales Director
frank.villar@clubsports.com

Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel exceeded our expectations by a long shot. I am so surprised it hasn't received any commentary in years!

After booking what seemed to be a decent and reputable hotel name in Dana Point for a more expensive price, upon arrival, we felt incredibly deceived and disgusted. It was so bad, I had to cancel the rest of the reservations that were due to fly in the next day because I was so embarrassed.

I made one call and spoke to the manager, Malinda, and she was able to book my family seven rooms within 20 minutes without any ebbs or long holds on the phone. She was confident and assuring; just what we needed after a night in a dump.

The rooms are clean and roomy, staff is incredibly hospitable and we received impeccable customer service throughout our stay. The gym is great and many locals are members here, spa is very nice and actually quiet, the outdoor pools and lounge areas are kept tidy.

Breakfast is an above average continental breakfast and snacks and lunches were great on-site. We don't generally eat in the hotels and like to explore but we were on a tight schedule for a nearby wedding and the bar and lounge area permits ordering so we had the best of both worlds! We had our clothes steamed and pressed, our shoes shined and parking right across the hotel so no scary low-lighting walking at night. It was an overall hassle-free weekend!

I can't thank Malinda and CJ enough for their outstanding work. Without them, our weekend would have been a disaster and now we know we can boast about this hotel and stay here again. I would recommend this place to anybody.

Room Tip: I visited all the rooms our group was stayed in, good lighting, very roomy, spacious bathrooms with good counter space so any room is great!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SEtemadi
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We have always stayed in an ocean view accomodation, but decided to try something different. This was a great change. We used the gym (excellent facilities!) several times, ate breakfast each morning in their restaurant, and even made an attempt at using the Kid's Quest. (no fault of the hotel-the little guy was having nothing to do with it.) The rooms are clean and the beds are top-notch. We were given a 2 pm checkout which allowed us to get in another workout. We found many nice places to eat closeby. One of the other reviews had mentioned finding a quiet spot downstairs. I agree that this was not possible, but I could always head up to my room. The wifi does seem to be an issue & did not stay connected. Services during our stay were excellent. They had charged us for parking although it was included. When notified of the mistake, they immediately removed it. Only downfall was the distance from the beach, but one day we loaded up and spent the day in Laguna. Thinking we may bring bikes next time and ride the 10 or so miles to the beach.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Lively & Energetic, this hotel has everything you would want, whether you are traveling for business or pleasure. The only continued disappointment is the poor WiFi in the lobby area. It doesn't reach outside on the patio, or pool area, and for business travelers wanting to work, this is unacceptable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Wyatt99
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

The gym at this hotel is fabulous!!! If you stay at the hotel, you get full access to the gym and can even attend their amazing classes. The pool is nice and relaxing with a full service bar.
Restaurants are within walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2013