“Average hotel at a good price” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Alhambra
Waxahachie, Texas
“Average hotel at a good price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was a decent hotel at a decent price for the area. I appreciated the inner-courtyard for parking as I don't like to park out on a street overnight. Rooms were clean and comfortable for the 4 of us, check-in was easy, and breakfast and AC were provided. If you're hoping to do more than just sleep here, this wouldn't be the best hotel. But if all you need is a bed and you plan to be out of the room for the majority of the trip, this hotel is a good place to be for the price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

For starters, this is the only "chain" hotel in Alhambra. If my only experience with this establishment was my first (November 2013) I would not necessarily say that this was a bad thing, but my most recent experience has changed my mind.

First, the good: check-in was painless, room was clean, and the air conditioning was cool. These things were appreciated.

However, there were many experiences that made my experience unpleasurable. Of these, the first was the Wi-Fi. It was unusable, to say the least. After check-in, I began streaming some music on my mobile device via the provided Wi-Fi. Sometime on the subsequent day, the music stopped. Upon further investigation, my mobile data had been being used and was now capped at my limit. I checked the wireless connection and it was minimal and frequently disconnected, meaning that my phone was constantly switching to 4G, which is what capped my data.

Next, I experienced banging sounds early in the morning (before 9AM). I later found out that these sounds were the housekeeping staff knocking their carts against the walls.

Last but not least, I was in the lobby on my day of departure for continental breakfast (July 6). While eating breakfast, I overheard the front desk agent assisting someone with making a reservation over the phone. The phone call was on speaker, meaning that everyone who was in the lobby at this time could here this phone call. The unsuspecting person on the other end of the phone spoke his first and last name, full credit card number, and expiration date all within earshot of a lobby full of people.

The reason that this shocked me was that I had made my reservation in the same fashion. Had someone overheard my information as well? The front desk agent had little disregard for the fact that this man's personal information was effectively being given to everyone in the room. "Gregory" (the man on the phone), I would like to apologize to you on behalf of this establishment for such blatant disregard for your personal information.

Needless to say, it is highly unlikely that I will be returning to this hotel for a third time and will instead go out of my way to stay outside of Alhambra and drive in instead.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Nigel S

Travelers are raving about these Alhambra hotels

Alhambra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

The DVR Player was not hooked up to the TV. We rented a movie but could not see it. We called management but he could npot help. We wasted money on a good movie we could not see. Hotel staff said he would have IT Staff check into it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Valencia, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

The location was great ~ 1 block from "old town Alhambra"
wonderful places to eat ... 5 miles from USC hospital ... which was the reason for our stay.
BUT ~ the hotel is very basic ...small rooms, tiny bathrooms ... fair plumbing at best. A/C had a funky smell ...Construction across the street might hamper parking on the weekends .... all in all ~ you get what you pay for and we wanted economy not luxury for this trip !

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alhambra
Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel
BEST WESTERN Monterey Park Inn
BEST WESTERN Monterey Park Inn
#1 of 4 in Monterey Park
4.0 of 5 stars 224 reviews

Been to Days Inn Alhambra CA? Share your experiences!