Diner On Main
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 10, 2014

as an englishman abroad american dining is always a unique experience, some things work for my palette and some things just don't ( i'll never get peanut butter and jelly sarnies)
i'd been here previously on the recommendation of friends last year and came back again with my friends this time as one of them was craving a "chicken fried steak and pancakes at 8 pm"
as usual with a menu that is that large i was bewildered and shocked by the options and choices so rather than stick to the classic burger or take a friends choice i spoke to the fantastic and wonderful server that we had, Brandy who recommended the 'bacon fried rice' i thought fried rice can't go wrong so why not.
i was blown away with the flavour and taste and texture in this dish so different to any rice dish i'd eaten before and it was not so large as to be unable to finish as with so many places in america or did i just enjoy it so much that i ate it all !!
its worth the coming back to the USA for this alone IMHO

oh yes and try the onion rings.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Coffee came within seconds after we sat down. The service was great. My husband had pigs in a blanket (pancakes) which was suitably big diner breakfast fare for him. I had the vegetarian egg white omelette on my server's recommendation. It was very good only I wish I had told them to go easy on the cheese and not butter the toast. The desserts looked awesome.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This restaurant has become my home away from home. I love the food and the servers are just wonderful. I look forward to the beginning of the month when they change the specials menu. One of my favorite regular menu items is the pot roast...just like mom used to make! Another great thing about The Diner is that they make all of their own baked goods on the premises, including the yummy gigantic cinnamon rolls.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Diner on Main is a gem hidden in downtown Old Town Alhambra. Great breakfasts, terrific lunches & good variety of desserts. I like the Hawaiian style Fred rice for breakfast. Topped with a fried egg, the dish has chopped bacon & Portuguese sausage. Really tasty.

Of special note is their sourdough toast...made with bread locally sourced from Italian-American Bakery, it's extra sour...so good! We usually sit on the open-air patio with our dogs.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Management here is really out of touch - Older General Manager and Hispanic female manager have both stood around doing nothing while their staff gave mediocre service and expressed more interest in eating their staff meals than in serving the customers. Can't even enjoy the mediocre food because of the bad service and management.