“Very taste Hai Nan Ji Fan”
Review of Savoy

Savoy
Ranked #127 of 227 Restaurants in Alhambra
Cuisines: Chinese, Pizza
Overland Park, Kansas
“Very taste Hai Nan Ji Fan”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Very authentic Hai Nan Ji Fan (Chicken with rice). The rice was very tasty. Chicken was good but my mom said it would be better if they used fresh chicken. Price was very reasonable.

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden Jewel”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

When it comes to decide which restaurant have the best Hainam Chicken, Savoy is definetly has a right to claim one :)
Their Hainam Chicken was cooked to perfection. The only closest contender is Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Singapore, but since I live here I vote for savoy.

Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“Perhaps I just wasn't that hungry”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was in town for 3 days and all my local friends raved about this place so I had to give it a try. It was 93 degrees that day and we were sitting outside, so maybe that was why I found nothing too special about the famous Hainanese chicken (we got the dark meat). Or maybe my expectation was too high because everybody kept telling me how awesome the food was. We only have Nyonya and some small ones in NYC so I perhaps I just got used to non-authentic Malaysian food. But I looked around and everyone else seemed to really enjoy the food and they do have a large selection for a small place like that. It looks very clean and the service was great. I would still give it a try next time I'm in town to see if I feel differently.

• Visited May 2013
San Francisco, California
“Excellent malaysian food.”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Everything is good here but if it's your first time, I would highly recommend the hainan chicken and the curries.

Visited February 2013
West Covina, California
“Hellooooo Hainan!!!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Went here for the first time on 9-1-12 for dinner around 6:30p. Arrived at 6p to put my name down for a table for 8ppl and got seated about 7pm which isnt too bad considering how small the place is and that they don't have many tables, especially for 8ppl.

I ordered the Hainan Chicken with rice for obvious reasons but saw the portion size and decided to get a duck salad to go with it, washed it down with the lemon ice tea.

Hainan Chicken was as delicious as other yelpers confirm but the fact thats its BONELESS just makes it awesome for me, I would hate the job of deboning all those orders of chicken.

The duck salad was......meh! I'm no salad connoisseur but as I have mentioned in other reviews, salad will NEVER be anything more than rabbit food to me. The duck was dry and tasteless.

Unlimited refills on $2 ice teas is fantastic and the fact that they always checked on refills was great service.

Talking of service, very friendly!

Other miscellaneous info: restrooms are around the back seperated from the restaurant (requires a key from the counter), parking is limited but not impossible.

As our former governator would say, I'LL BE BACK!

• Visited September 2012

Been to Savoy? Share your experiences!