“Great Dim Sum”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Four of us ate a great lunch. I was pleasantly surprised how tasty the dishes were. The flavors and spices were perfectly dispersed throughout each bite. I usually don't get excited about shumai. This however was wonderful. The shrimp was moist and juicy. The pork was spiced just right and they went together . Each bite was delicious.
I ordered lobster even though it was not part of the dim sum menu. I saw the tank while I waited for our table. The lobster was calling me! They cooked it perfectly, definitely NOT over cooked. It was prepared with scallions and ginger. No it was not cheap, unless you put a value on how much you enjoyed everything. Then it is reasonable. That made the four pound lobster worth it.
I ordered chicken feet as I always do at dim sum. That was selfish of me as I was the only person eating them. They were great.
Another dish I normally don't get excited about is pasta, noodles. This dish was terrific. The flavor was never ending and wonderful.
The spicy green beans were really very good.
Interestingly they started our meal with egg yolk buns. I think they made a mistake. We ate them straight away anyway. I am sure glad we did because we ordered another batch at the end of the meal.
Unlike many dim sum places they do not push carts around. You order from a dim sum menu and they bring the dishes. They did a really good job of timing. They never overloaded the table with dishes.
The chefs here know flavors and spices. I can't wait to come back.
If you enjoy tasty and properly flavored dishes then you too will like to eat here too.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

The skinny:

Parking: free garage behind the restaurant
Decor: Chinese banquet
Wait time: 20-30 minutes
Restrooms: dark and clean
Service: stiff
Food: pretty damn good

I love dim sum and we came here to have lunch with Mom since she hadn't had it in a long time. This place doesn't do the carts, you just mark up the menu which is in english and there are even pictures to look at. Be advised, the portions are HUGE and we ended up over ordering and taking a ton of food home. It is very inexpensive and the note tea is the best! Be prepared to wait on the weekends to get in.

2  Thank melobeam
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This is one of the best dim sum place in the San Gabriel Valley area. However, the wait time is not acceptable, long enough that make you want to leave and think twice when going back.
Awesome place for dim sum regardless the wait time and average customer services. Quite easy for parking (street & structured). I would highly recommend to come to this place during the week days & NOT the weekend.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I love good dim sum and I just found out about this place from a friend. It's a bit more expensive but the quality of the food justifies the cost. The wait is a little longer because it's smaller than other larger dim sum establishments but it's worth it. It's really clean inside and the food comes out really quickly despite not having the carts passing you by like other places.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Ate here when visiting Pasadena. All of our dim sum entrees were very good and only the duck was not excellent. Other posts paint it as expensive. I didn't find it overly so but perhaps that's because I'm from New York and numb to price; nevertheless for three of us to leave completely stuffed it was $40.