“Our only choice of Dim Sum in San Gabreil Valley”

Lunasia Dim Sum House
Ranked #4 of 228 Restaurants in Alhambra
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 20, 2012

This place serves good quality of Dim Sum and is more expensive than other places. We only come here now whenever we go for Dim Sum. Need to come early to avoid the crowd.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

The dim sum here is pretty good - generous portions and quality ingredients. The har gow, shu mai, clams and custard dishes are well prepared. A noodle dish was a bit dried out. They serve the tea in very heavy iron tea pots. The place was quite crowded on a Saturday afternoon we were there, and I understand it gets busy during the weekdays too. They had a jazz quartet playing outside in the afternoon. Restaurant appears clean and service is good. Decor is nice, including a gong at the entrance. A little more expensive than other dim sum places in Alhambra but justified by the quality. There is ample covered parking for the shopping center behind the restaurant (enter from Sixth Street).

Reviewed August 3, 2011

I can't claim to have been to more than 3-4 dim sums in LA, but I can say that this one is very good with reasonable pricing. They do a great job of displaying what you will get and they have nice variety. I usually get a combination of vegetable and seafood dishes and they are always good. The little custard pies are great for dessert and they have another dessert that I've never seen before that is encrusted with sesame seeds that I think is good and interesting.
Coming here feels like a real cultural experience. On all my visits I've been one of only a handful of caucasians. Highly recommend this place if you like Chinese food. I was introduced to it by two separate Asian clients so I think that says something about the authenticity.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Arcadia, California
Reviewed October 21, 2008

Best dim sum in Alhambra

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 18, 2008

Haven't been in maybe a year but I still remember it as one of my favorite menu-style dim sum places. That one thing that looks like shredded wheat, it's super good here.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook