All reviews lobby is nicely decorated asian theme luxury hotel comfortable stay rooms are clean free parking stayed here slippers squeaky cereal
Selected filters
Reviewed February 1, 2019 via mobile

Spacious rooms with comfortable beds. Nice amenities: bottled water, crackers in room and cookies at front desk. Excellent hot and cold breakfast offerings. Excellent value overall. Comfortable stay. Attentive staff. Nice safe parking lot.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2019 via mobile

Everything from check in to check out was great. The rooms were spacious and very clean. Breakfast was good, waffle station,sausages,eggs, potatoes wedges, cereal, toast, tea, coffee and juice. Hotel is secured with a lock gate to get to rooms. Staff were very nice and helpful. Parking may be an issue if hotel is full but every night we got back there was a spot for us. Free snacks in lobby and a little welcome basket in our room awaited our arrival. I would have to say it was probably one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. Thoroughly enjoyed our week long visit and will definitely return.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2018 via mobile

In Alhambra, this motel is good choice in a safe neighborhood. There is onsite parking, though spaces are tight. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Breakfast is included and available in a small dining room next to the pool. Nothing fancy, just adequate with typical options. Coffee available in the lobby is better than in the breakfast. Free cups of noodles. Microwave and toaster oven available off the lobby.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2018

This is a fine place to stay if you need to be in Alhambra/Monterey Park. As we were attending a wedding nearby, and this was the hotel the groom blocked for the wedding, we stayed here.

This is definitely a Chinese-American hotel. The lobby is decorated in a very Chinese style. The outside sign is only in Chinese. Staff is bilingual. The food at the breakfast buffet is a combination of generic American and Chinese. I'm Chinese-American, so I don't mind it, but I'm just saying that this does not feel like a Western hotel, if that's what you're looking for.

The room was fine. I booked a double queen, but it was not ready when I arrived, so we took a double double instead. The beds were comfortable. There was a small desk with fast charging station. Wireless internet was free and reasonably fast. The bathroom was on the small side. Water pressure wasn't great, but this is California, so I suppose that's more eco friendly.

The breakfast was pretty awful. Despite having chafing dishes, everything was lukewarm. I ate there one morning, then decided to eat out the next day. It probably wouldn't be bad if you stick to the cold food or waffles. But I preferred to go to the local greasy spoon instead.

Parking is convenient. Don't stay out too late or you might not find a spot.

The nearby stuff is limited. There's a Walgreen's next door. Within a block, there's an Albert Mexican, Tops Jr., and Yum Yum Donuts.

I wouldn't choose to return unless I'm attending another event at the LACAC, but if the occasion comes up again, it's not a bad choice.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2018 via mobile

Stay away from this place you’ve been warned... here are the major issues I had:

Parking: Sucks it’s super tight, if you plan to park on sight don’t leave or you’ll lose your spot and you’re not guaranteed a spot when you return you’ll have to park on the street and PAY FOR PARKING.
Note: The hotel does not tell you this upon checking in.

My room: Seemed decent no complaints, my issue was I woke up with ants crawling on me, on the dresser and wall.

Front Desk: I called the front desk the sent someone up they took pictures and that was it.
Upon my checkout I ask for a discount. I was advised the manager was not on site, to call back tomorrow. I called back the following morning spoke to “Bowen” the manager and she wanted to give me 20.00 dollars as a courtesy credit... I thought that was an insult... working in the Hospitailty industry for 8 years I think a thing or two about satisfying a customer. I had asked to speak to another manager she said call back tomorrow. I did I was told she was in meetings, I called later and I was told she was traveling and don’t know when she’ll return.

At this point they were avoiding me and I let it go, so I am reaching out to the customers to tell my story of what happened, had ants in my room, no parking and horrible lack of customer service. Stay away!

I have included pictures and video of the ants.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank sergiordri
EVAK3666, General Manager at GreenTree Inn & Suites Alhambra, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and I am sorry to hear that we were unable to fully meet expectations during your recent stay. Your comments are very important to us and have been shared with senior management. We have pest control routing service provide by Eco lab,that's also including the ants control.But as the knowledge,we got from the professional pest control company,sometime the guests took food in the room and leave it widely open,it possibly attracts the ants.

As you mention on the review, you asked for a discount upon to the check out time.To reach the highest standard of the guests' satisfaction, the front desk manager gave you a call on Monday morning when she back to work and apology the experience you had and explain to you as the rate you booked was on promotion, we could only provide extra $20.00 to keep our cost.As you mention to us you had the free meal and extra gift certificate experience when you found ants in one restaurant,we clearly inform you we are not able to follow that standard to offer you extra free nights to stay ,but we will keep trying our best to improve our guests' service.

Also I am glad to share with you some more parking information.We do have 58 rooms in property and 50 parking spaces on the parking lots.And also we get support from our neighbor Walgreen, all the guests from our property with our parking permit will allow to park in their parking lots for over night.So we have plenty spaces for parking.

Thank you again and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to visit again in the future.