“Maybe next time?”

Cuisines: Chinese
Los Angeles, California
“Maybe next time?”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Came here on a weeknight and the place was empty. We were initially planning on going to NBC on Atlantic Blvd in Monterey Park but our friend convinced us King Hua was better. No dumplings were ordered (sadly enuf) and the waiter guided us thru the menu. We got the Dungeness crab (done 2 ways), Peking duck, deep-fried tofu with spicy salt, deep-fried shrimp, an eggplant dish, noodles and more dishes. Sorry, I didn't order and the dishes kept coming. Nothing really was memorable. After reading the other reviews, we should come back for the dumplings. The décor here was more elegant than the usual Chinese restaurants but hell, who comes for the ambience in the San Gabriel Valley.

• Visited July 2014

Long Beach, California
“Best Dim Sum in SoCal?”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I know these are fighting words, but the Dim Sum here is as good as the best I've had in San Francisco. Dismiss the roving trays of dishes and order off the menu, so food is fresh out of the kitchen. Great variety of dumplings as you would expect. Get there early to avoid crowds on the weekend.

• Visited January 2014
Los Angeles
“HUGE Shrimps!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Came here on a holiday weekday. Always wanted to try the place but the mass of people waiting outside always made me a bit hesitant. Surprisingly they seated us right as we walked in since there were only two of us.

This was not one of those push cart places. You order the food and they bring it out for you. And might I add, the service was quick! There was never a time when we sat there waiting for our next dish.The prices for each dish was rather expensive in comparison to other dim sum places. However the quality justifies its pricing. The har gow had some of the biggest, plumpest shrimps I have ever seen in a har gow.

Definitely try it if you're in the area!

Visited July 2013
Los angeles
“Must Try”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I went here with friends and my daughter. We had the dim sum which was wonderful. One can either order direct from the menu (which we did) or they bring by plates for you to try. My friends have bee here many times so they ordered. I must say the dumplings were some of the best I have ever had. You have to try the dumplings with shrimp, and the shrimp with pork. We tried various pork dishes and they were very good also. This restaurant also serves various teas. We had several pots. We left full (you could have rolled us out) and the bill came to just over $44.

• Visited October 2012
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Pretty good menu style dim sum. The dumplings are HUUUUGE!”
Reviewed August 29, 2008

Pretty good menu style dim sum. The dumplings are HUUUUGE!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook