“watch the surf as you enjoy a lovely meal”
Review of Ledford House

Ledford House
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Albion
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is a homey looking restaurant that affords beautiful views of the sea. The service was good and the food delicious. We ate excellent fish, but one can also choose from an array of succulent sounding meat options. The warm beet salad was outstanding, the bread tasted homemade, and the blackberry cobbler was to die for. We left happy.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We got in just under the wire for dinner service. My friend enjoyed a perfectly prepared steak. I wasn't in a mood for meat, so cautiously ordered the spanikopita, worried that it would be heavy. It was light and flavorful, thoroughly delicious. Our waiter was helpful and friendly, without being intrusive, and knew the menu well. He recommended a local beer for each of us. We were travel-weary and I was self-conscious about being in hiking clothes, but the staff was gracious. Light music in another room. Vista is postcard majestic. Would love to go back.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Ledford House was recommended by 2 locals, so we decided to try it while visiting the area in June. We sat at the bar and watched the sun set. The bartender was friendly and attentive. The soup d'poisson was incredible. It's hard to describe, but it was great. The jazz musicians that started to play while we were watching the sun set just added to the ambience.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

My party consisted of three adults and three children. When I arrived, I felt a chilling welcome from the host who began to seat us next to an open door. Before we sat down, I asked if it was possible to close the door as it was chilly. He sighed and said that he would seat us elsewhere because they needed to keep the door open. After being seated, we were given menus and our waitress (who was very sweet) came out to tell us the specials and take our drink order. I asked what kid friendly items they had and she said that they only had plain noodles or noddles with a little butter and parmesan. That was it!! Our food was delivered to our table and everyone took their first bites. Everyone had the same response "bland" and "boring." I was really surprised as they are rated #1 on here and the prices were prices where one would expect a quality meal. Just so all know, we ordered the Salmon, Halibut, Gnocchi and of course, the noodles with a little butter and parmesan. The restaurant was nice inside and the view was magnificent. The outside deck and lawn were nice to walk and sit to relax, but if you have children and a tongue that wants to be pleasured versus just food in your stomach, I would recommend you look elsewhere.

1  Thank Cherie E
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Great view, attentive staff, great jazz, good food. Reminded me a little of the old supper club, but updated.