“Brunch a disappointment”

Rendez-Vous Cafe
Ranked #62 of 89 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Full disclosures, we have not been there for dinner. Stopped by for Sunday Brunch. Expected good wholesome French/American food, well prepared. We were disappointed in both respects. Both entree's were somewhat greasy, lots of butter, I assume. My Omlet was tasty, the potatoes overlooked, and my wife's entree, sweet potatoe and mushroom hash had strong onion flavor and an unapealling presentation (think large chunks off food), plus the poached egg was runny and overlooked.

The server was pleasant but never appeared to ask us about the meal. I went to the cashier to pay our bill. The owner, to his credit, did comp my wife's entree.

Reviewed September 17, 2011

Rendez-vous is genuinely French and moderately priced, an unusual combination. Interior is
very pleasant, painted with cartoon-like views of famous Parisian buildings. Service is excellent.
I especially like the cassoulet and the agneau navarin There is a good wine list, and very
affordable house wine.

Reviewed June 1, 2011

On a street and in an area filled to capacity with Asian restaurants and burrito places, Rendez-Vous is a breath of fresh air. It's one room with seating for about 40 people, with very interesting murals on the walls. The menu is fairly traditional French/American, with things like steak fritte, mussels, lamb, etc. I've always enjoyed my food there. It has a very comfortable feel to it, with good attentive service.

The restaurant is located next door to a two-screen Indy movie house, so it's a great before or after movie place to eat - as street parking is limited, in the evenings you can park in the lot behind the movie theater.

1  Thank psychcal
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed September 4, 2008

New Place and doing well.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook