“Great Korean Food”

Bowl'd Korean Rice Bar
Ranked #1 of 99 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed February 21, 2019

I've been here for lunch and dinner. The food is very good, the service is excellent and
the people really friendly.
On this particular occasion we were there for my aunts birthday. We had a party of 9.
We all tried to order something different but it came out that most of us either ordered the
short rib or the pork stomach. I had the short ribs cooked with mixed rice. It was very good. We also order different types of pancakes for the table as an appetizer. I wasn't big on the seafood one (I dont like seafood) but the spicy ones were great.
You might want to try their barley tea, You have to ask for this its not on the menu.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed January 23, 2019

Try the bibimbop sizzling rice bowl, with the usual choices of meats or with tofu or mung bean cakes! You get a bowl of clear soup and half a dozen condiments, including kim chi, to add to a full-to-the-top bowl of grains, veggies, and optional fried egg. I had to get a box to take leftovers home (and they were good the next day, too). At dinner, there is often a line out the door (literally) -- aim for 6:00 to 6:30 PM if you can. I don't think they take reservations; you just sign your name on the sign-in sheet on a clipboard at the entrance. Allow some extra time to find street parking and walk back to the restaurant. It's worth the effort!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 6, 2019

Busy, busy place. We got there about 7pm and waited for a table for 1/2 hour. There is a sign-in sheet. You sign up when you enter and then one of the staff checks the sheet and availability of the tables. Lots of families and lots of Koreans which is always a good sign. I had the beef stew -- it was very spicy and the portion was huge. Ended up taking half of it home. Everyone at my table enjoyed the adventure of Korean food, first time.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

My son recommended that I go here. Found it to be quite good and reasonable. First time in a rice bar and was quite happy and left full. The food fills you up and tastes great and prices are fine. Service was quite good here as well. There are many types to try

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 2, 2018

We stopped in for lunch on Saturday. There were only a few tables occupied, and getting seated was easy. The dining room was simple, yet warm and attractive. My husband ordered the beef stew and chose "mildly spicey" for the broth. It was a huge bowl containing a variety of pickled and other vegetables and beef. He chose the mixed grains instead of the white rice that goes with it, and the grains were perfectly made. Soft, yet chewy, plain yet flavorful. The broth had a delicious depth of flavor. I ordered the "cold bowl" of bulgogi (flavored sliced beef) over rice. It also came piled high with at least six or more types of veggies, each with their own flavor profile. All good. There was a decent amount of the beef, but if you are a big meat eater, it's not a lot of meat. A sunny side egg sat on top of the food. My egg could have been on the griddle a bit longer. The egg white was still clear and gelatinous on the top. There are also 8-10 small "sides" that automatically get delivered to the table with your meal - kim chee, garlic pepper tofu, seaweed salad, pickled daikon, argar blocks with scallions & sesame oil, kale in soy sauce & sesame oil, broccoli. Everything was very tasty, and seemed very healthy. A lot of veggies, and the food was not oily or greasy. When we were nearly finished, one of the servers asked if we wanted more of any of the side dishes. We were stuffed and declined refills. We also liked having the carafe of water at our table. All in all, a really good place to eat, and a great deal.

Date of visit: October 2018