“A treasure in Albany”

Zaytoon Mediterranean Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 96 Restaurants in Albany
Reviewed August 16, 2016

Fabulous, airy, delicious Israeli neighborhood restaurant. Food was different and distinctive with exotic tastes. Service for a brand new restaurant was just outstanding. A little loud due to very high ceilings but worth going if you go early.

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed August 6, 2016

Friends told me about Zaytoon. They raved about the Mazza platters and they were right!

Delicious baba ghannouj, perfect falafel and tabouli. I wanted more lemon and garlic in the hummus, but the eggplant salad was on the money. I chose chicken Shawarma and it was delicious. The bite of the chicken kebab I tasted was cooked perfectly. A group sitting near me raved about the French fries. They looked wonderful. The menu includes Greek Moussaka and Spanakopita. It also included Mujaddra, the traditional rice and lentils dish, seldom found on restaurant menus.

This bright and airy restaurant could be anywhere on the Mediterranean Coast. The food is authentic and wonderful. Zaytoon means Olive in Arabic. I arrived in the middle of “Happy Hour” and by the time I finished eating the restaurant was full. Zaytoon had been opened for about a month when I visited, obviously the word has gotten out. I would recommend making a reservation.

Date of visit: August 2016