“Outdoor Breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There aren't many places around here where you can sit outside and enjoy a pleasant breakfast, but Peasant's Courtyard is one of the best. Their courtyard is small but nice, with a burbling fountain to enjoy. They have all the usual breakfast items, plus their sinfully delicious fritters coated in cinnamon sugar -- a nice "appetizer" that will serve about four. My husband had a ham steak -- large enough to feed two people for a main course (at least by our standards). I had a delicious, perfectly cooked omelet with mushrooms, spinach and green chilies, served with breakfast potatoes. The potatoes were nicely seasoned, but I thought the serving size was a bit skimpy. Service was OK, not great, and our young server was flummoxed by my request for more tea--both hot water and a fresh tea bag. They have a small, rather tight parking lot, but if that's full you can go a short way up the street and park in the strip mall.

Reviewed July 2, 2018

We really wanted to like this restaurant. The courtyard is peaceful, and the service friendly. They serve Lavaza coffee, but use such a long pull the espresso drinks come out weak. I ordered crab cake benedict, which I would not eat due to the strong 'fishy' smell and taste. We also ordered french toast, which was very good.
Our server was gracious enough to take an espresso drink and the crab cake benedict off the bill without our asking.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

The atmosphere is wonderful, the service is great, and the food is delicious. The staff is very flexible at serving the food just like you want. I eat here very regularly.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Local place, food quality is inconsistent but can be good. Easy setting with outside tables and a little eat at bar. Inexpensive too.

Reviewed April 14, 2018

One of my favorite restaurants along the 680 corridor is the Peasant and Pear in Danville. Service is professional, the restaurant has great ambiance and the food is excellent. Looking forward to lunch at the Peasant's Courtyard, I found the experience disappointing.

The restaurant has a more casual feel than the Danville cousin - in fact, it is a bit rough around the edges in several places - the finish worn away on tables, walls scarred and a dirty drape separating the bathroom area from the restaurant.

But the largest flaw was the noise. Although the restaurant has an inviting patio area, the weather drove the diners inside on the day I visited. The overall noise level was unbearable at times and conversation was all but impossible until a number of the diners completed their meal and left. To bring a qualitative value to it, an app on my phone registered a continuous level in the 80+db range with a large number of intervals in the 90s.

Service was quick and friendly - and the food average+ - but the overall shabby feel and noisy environment will prevent a return visit.