“Great place for a party”
Review of Dragon Rouge

Dragon Rouge
Ranked #11 of 262 Restaurants in Alameda
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I made reservations for my husband's birthday dinner and we started out with Momma's Phantastic Roll with pork and hard boiled egg and prawn spring roll with the peanut sauce, both were delicious; then we ordered Dragon Fire Garlic Noodles not spicy, Sizzling Sea Bass and Bouncing Beef Tenderloin! All were tasty but the fish was a small portion. The service was attentive and they brought a complimentary green tea ice cream with a fried banana for the birthday boy and us to share.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

One of the best thing about Dragon rouge is the Ambiance.The outdoor seating is just awesome.A must try for couples.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Great bridge views go great with their fab HH food. Try the cat fish wrap or fries. Good cocktails too.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I visited Dragon Rouge this week with my wife and another couple, and we all had an enjoyable experience. the setting is nice, the food was good, and we intend to return when it's warmer so we can take advantage of the water-side tables outside.

we ordered a bottle of wine and two appetizers (fresh spring rolls with shrimp and the 'phantastik roll'), and within minutes of returning with our wine, the server showed up at our table with both appetizers - as we were all quite hungry, the speed of the service was greatly appreciated.

then each of us ordered a different dish, and all were very good: the catfish (a special that night), the lemongrass pork chops, the 'dragon's nest' stir fry with beef and shrimp, and a vermicelli bowl with grilled chicken. the food was hot and fresh, served quickly, and all tasted very good.

we didn't have room for desert, but maybe next time - when it's warmer and we can sit outside next to the water.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Rarely do I dream about food. However, the pineapple salad with prawns or chicken is one of those dishes. I'm still dreaming of it and craving it. I've never had Vietnameese food before, but this experience made me eager to try more. The pineapple salad is served in a fresh pineapple with finely shredded cabbage, red pepper, green pepper, fried shallots, mint, cilantro, and a sweet chili vinagrette, served with shrimp crackers. The vinagrette just really pulled the meal together. You can add prawns, chicken or tofu. The presentation was beautiful, but more importantly, the taste was incredible! There were so many flavors going on, it really was a party in your mouth. My taste buds are still dancing around! It's very filling (portion is big enough for two), but very light feeling in both your mouth and on your stomach. It's very crisp, clean, and refreshing. It's sweet, spicy and fresh all at once. It's amazing food that's great for you and leaves you full. You can't really ask for anymore than that. The pineapple salad is an absolute MUST and I so wish they could ship it to Virginia! Two weeks later and I'm still craving the taste.

Been to Dragon Rouge? Share your experiences!