Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport
$189
$234
$210
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe hotel staffhome away from homestovefranciscosan
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Want to recognize Sandra at the front desk for helping us resolve a room issue and then a laundry issue. She was outstanding.
The remodelling looks great. It didn't interfere with our stay.
We like this hotel because of its location in Alameda, close to airport and also the bay. It is convenient for getting on freeways, etc.

Room Tip: call the hotel directly
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karen R
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you for writing such kind things about Sandra. I'm so pleased to hear that she was able to resolve your issue and you could enjoy your stay. The staff and I enjoyed reading your review, thank you again for posting! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Pros: Clean an comfortable. TV was ok - flat panel. Internet is free although if you want faster "premium" internet, you have to pay $3 a day for that. I opted for the premium and the speed was decent but not blazing. (I think they said up to 3 mb/s - I measured less than that, but I don't recall the number) The windows open. The bathroom was nice. I like having a kitchen so if I bring food back I don't have to worry about plastic forks or fumble with paper plates.

Cons: While the room was recently painted, the furniture had seen better days. The recliner was not bad. The couch was pretty tired. The bed was ok. The "breakfast" was pretty lame and they had run out of coffee by the time I came down. I ended up driving into Alameda to Peet's...

Now let's talk about the location. It's near the Airport with all that that entails. Airplane noise was present but didn't bother me. It's also in a commercial / business zone. So there are no restaurants in walking distance at all. You have to drive 4 or 5 miles into Alameda - but there are really nice places to choose from if you do. (I think there was some fast food a couple miles the other way near the Airport entrance) But since it's just down the street from the Raiders HQ, it's a nice area where you could ride a bike or not worry about having your car broken into. They didn't require a fence around the parking lot. All in all, I preferred my stay there over the Days Hotel (which was $8 cheaper)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for your review of our property and that you found our location safe and convenient. We appreciate you letting us know that the furniture was in poor condition. We are glad to be able to communicate that we are updating our hotel’s lobby and guest room design package. This means a fresh, new hotel and guest room look is on the way and hopefully in place for your next stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Kitchen counter was dirty, no ice trays in kitchen (no ice machine either), no phone in the rooms. (We did get ice trays and phone from front desk). Old and funky furniture in the living room; didn't want to use it. Beds were OK. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank M M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that we failed to provide a clean, comfortable and fresh room for you to enjoy during your stay at our hotel. Please know, since you last stayed with us, we completed updating our hotel’s lobby and all of our guest rooms. It would be our pleasure to have you come back and see what we have done.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I've stayed many times at ESA and Homestead, never negative. I am a non-smoker, I am 70 years old and never ever smoked in my life. I was alone on my room the entire time. Manager claims smoke was found (they might have found Gold Bond powder on the floor) and charged me $250. Manager rude and dismissive, claimed to have photographic evidence but will not produce it--meaningless anyway because I did not smoke. No recourse except BBB complaint, challenge the charge on American Express, report to Priceline, refuse lodging at chain in future.

Room Tip: Insist that your room be inspected before you leave when you are present. ANnounce this at check in and sign the smoking agreement after adding this statement.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I can't believe people are rating this hotel a 3+. Seriously? I'm really not a complainer, but come on. I wrote a long article on yelp, so spare my fingers, and I don't feel like going back to copy it.
(1) In the MIDDLE OF NO WHERE (ok they can't help that)
(2) Breakfast sucks
(3) Rooms are dirty...green is a horrible color. Looks dingy quicky...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Bryan T
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize that we failed to meet your expectations while you stayed with us. In response to your feedback, I am delighted to inform you that our company has planned renovations to begin May 2013 and we would like to welcome you back to come and see what we have done.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback.