“Nice on the outside.......”

Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Alameda
Whitefish, Montana
“Nice on the outside.......”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Really very attractive on the outside, but surprising that it could be so worn out inside. Somehow the mattress made a huge amount of noise every time I turned over -- not even sure how that can happen! The carpet was very, very worn. The sofa bed was really awful. The bathroom and kitchen were clean. Towels were just a step above Motel 6 quality. At $65 on Hotwire we probably got what we paid for. Hallway smelled like smoke but room did not.

Room Tip: There may not be a good room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the beds in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen mattresses that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences. I was very pleased to see that you found your suite clean and free of any offensive smells.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 29, 2012

If you are looking for a comfortable stay, this is the place. It is good for the price. They have a small breakfast Monday through Friday. There is a kitchen with a stove and refrigerator. There is a sleeper sofa in the room and coffee table, thus making the room feel like a studio apartment. Keep in mind that this is an extended stay hotel and house keeping only comes once a week. If you need fresh towels, there is a towel exchange at the front desk. The hotel is located in a business park and is in a safe area. The hotel staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank morr33
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write about your experience at the Extended Stay America -Oakland Alameda Airport.

Our hotel and team is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment of providing a home away from home, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we’d love to see you here again.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 8, 2012

In March 2012, I stayed on business for 4days at the ExtendedStayDeluxe-OaklandAirport Hotel.

The Hotel conditions are very clean and comfortable. They have all the room amenities that are wonderful like the full ktichen with refrigerator, bigscreen television & dvdplayer, work-desk, sofa, WIFI connection, etc...

The rooms are spacious & clean and the Hotel Staff are very friendly and helpful.

In particular, 2 of the hotel staff [Luis & Teresa] were very helpful during my 4 day business stay at ESD OaklandAirport, helping me with getting to and from OaklandAirport and Downtown Oakland ..and with helping me setup the WIFI on my laptop & printing a document I needed for my meeting, to their downstairs lobby printer.

I enjoyed my 4 day stay at ExtendedStayDeluxe-OaklandAirport ...and will definitely stay there again the next time I return to Oakland for business.

-David-

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel and for recognizing two of our staff members, Luis and Teresa. We are all totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, we look forward to seeing you the next time that you are in the Bay Area.. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other brand locations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alameda
Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Oakland/Alameda
Red Lion Hotel Oakland International Airport
Hilton Oakland Airport
Hilton Oakland Airport
#11 of 49 in Oakland
Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites
Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda

Been to Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport? Share your experiences!