“Food is flavorless or to peppery. Not a good balance of flavors.”
Review of Otaez Restaurant

Otaez Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 262 Restaurants in Alameda
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Authentic Mexican Cuisine and World Class Margaritas - We Have It All! Take your taste buds on an exciting journey through Mexico at Otaez Mexican Restaurant. We specialize in authentic Mexican cuisine, ranging from chile rellenos to carnitas to pozole, we offer high-quality food at great low prices. Our restaurant is perfect for family dining and social gatherings with our friendly and exciting atmosphere. Enjoy great specials throughout the week on some of your favorite Mexican entrees from our extensive menu. Join us today at Otaez Restaurant, for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 24, 2009

Food is flavorless or to peppery. Not a good balance of flavors.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Reviewed February 28, 2009

est Alameda Mexican food. Great service. Party food as good as menu food. great place

Reviewed January 27, 2009

I really enjoy both Otaez restaurants, but I do like the East Oakland branch a bit more, closer to home and has a warmer, homey feel. Still it's VERY good for Alameda, so much better than Acapulco! Friendly service, fresh food, and an all around pleasant vibe. Homemade tortillas and savory refried beans give plates that down-home comfort food warmth. This branch has a full bar and the variety of tequila on offer is impressive indeed. An extensive menu that goes well beyond all the overplayed gringo standards, try the caldo tlapeno, highly recommended. Crispy sopas, massive burritos, fresh mariscos, tender carnitas, sizzling fajitas, so much good stuff on the menu.
And bravo on the Sunday brunch! lots of choices and the buffet did not feel tired, even at noon. Not sure a mimosa goes well with Mexican though, perhaps offer up a Sunday tomato beer as a more authentic alternative to the mimosa.
This is quality, authentic Mexican food, and far better than most other choices on the Island.

1  Thank MartinDenny
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 28, 2008

Great ambience and decor in a good location. I really want to rate it higher but the food is no more special or different than your typical California Mexican restaurant.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 8, 2008

After getting in to Alameda late, I looked for a place to eat close to the Hawthorn Suites. Otaez was across the street so I tried it out.

I had the super burrito - it was about $6 but almost a foot long and and 3" in diameter. I couldn't finish it all but what I did eat was very good. The chips & salsa are different than most Mexican places I have eaten but they were quite good also.

Great place to eat.