“Dirty tableware,slow kitchen..”

Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Pasadena, California
“Dirty tableware,slow kitchen..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I took a date there 5 -5 13. I'd have never been to Applebee's.. It was around 11:30 am Sunday.
Our server was very pleasant She took our drink order and food order soon after. When my date opened her tableware there was a piece of lettuce on her knife..
She ordered Quesadella burger and I order a steak (med) and I think shrimp with steamed veggies. I explained I wanted my steak "pink inside",not well done..
It took a long time to get our food and my steak was well done..
Not sure whats going on in the kitchen and who's wrapping up the tableware.. Gross..
Bathroom were clean..

• Visited May 2013

Sparks, Nevada
“A Wonderful Birthday Celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

What started out as a routine visit to a chain restaurant evolved into a special evening to celebrate my dad's 87th. birthday. We were ever so fortunate to be seated in Charde Olivia M's area - from the moment she greeted us with her huge smile, we knew we were in good hands. She took our orders and each was delivered as requested ( I ordered no potatos and double the veggies). As we were deliberating over what to order for desert, Charde asked if my dad liked chocolate and that she knew exactly what was needed. She and another server brought my dad the most extravagant chocolate sundae in a humongous martini shaped bowl and proceded to sing Happy Birthday to him. My dad looked like a little kid digging into that icecream!! Thank you for such a wonderful evening Miss Charde Olivia - my opinion of Applebees has changed drastically purely because of the sweet way you took care of my dad and the genuine kindness you exhibited when you went out of your way to walk us to the exit. You are the reason that we will be returning to Applebees at South Shore in Alameda!!!!!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Pattiepoo
Camp Connell, CA
“This Applebee's needs help”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had eaten here before and had the expected food, atmosphere and service. But on our most recent visit everything seemed to have deteriorated.
When we arrived, during a slow time of day, half the tables were empty, and a couple was waiting ahead of us for a table. No one showed up for a while at the door, and the customer explained they were "getting a booth ready." Half the booths were empty and already set up. An employee came up to the door, did not look at the couple or us, checked something at the desk and then walked off. A few minutes later she came back and took them to their table. After another few minutes an employee came up and showed us to a table. We asked if they were short handed and he said "no, not really."
The waitress was the only bright spot in the visit. She was courteous and tried her best. We ordered an appetizer and it took 15 minutes to get onion rings to the table. Then it took forever to get our food, and my ordered medium rare steak was delivered well done -- it looked like cardboard. I asked how long it would be to replace it, she went to the kitchen and checked, and came back and said about 8-9 minutes. I said I would live with the overcooked steak. It was about one-third inedible due to overcooking and toughness.
It was very disappointing, as we had experienced better food and service at the same place a few months earlier.
The waitress was good, and tried hard, but the food was mediocre at best and it took almost an hour and 15 minutes to get through lunch.
We will give it a year's break and then try again.

• Visited April 2013
Alameda, California
“Great chain restaurant experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

Fast, friendly service after a long day at a theme park and our youngest son feel asleep at the table. The skillet served chicken and shrimp was tasty although the potatoes were very bland. The kids grilled cheese was a success too. Can't recall what else we ordered but we left happy following our "predictably good" meal.

Oak Harbor, Washington
“Not at all like it used to be!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

While visiting my hometown of Alameda we decided to go to Applebees. I had eaten there many times in the past years, but it has really gone downhill. As we entered, the four hosts fought over who should take us to our seats. None of them wanted to do it. After seating us in a slightly cleaned booth since all other eight tables toward the front had not yet been cleared after patrons had left, we were handed our menus. It wasn't that busy yet!

We have an Applebees in our present hometown in Washington. There is no comparison. Our applebees is clean, friendly and very tasty. Alameda's Applebees needs new cooks, hosts and cleaning crew. One young waitress walked around with a plate from one end of the restaurant to another for quite a while looking for the table it belonged to. I was hoping it was not my order!

This was the worst Applebees we have ever eaten at. We have eaten at many throughout the US.

• Visited June 2011