“Trust me, this is Authenic German Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Speisekammer

Speisekammer
Reserve with OpenTable
Speisekammer is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 246 Restaurants in Alameda
Cuisines: German, European, Bar, Central European
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Park St.
Transit: A.C. Transit, Park & Lincoln
Hillsborough, California
“Trust me, this is Authenic German Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Finally found the best destination German Restaurant in the Bay Area. Trust me, this was like visiting my German relatives at home for a real German family meal! Not only can you get all the typical Sauerbraten, Schnitzels, Pork chops and Wurst selections plus a fabulous selection of German Bier ... but they also have daily specials that are really "special." They also have a good vegetarian selection as German food is not as it is typically stereo-typed. This weekend they had wild boar, fish and other specials though. The only thing I missed would be a real beef Roladen which is my hands down favorite meal. I would think they do that occasionally as a special meal since this is a more involved dish to prepare. Try the beers.... the Fruh Kolsch from Koln and the Radeberger and the Bitburger, of course. They have a creative cocktail list also. They accommodated our party of 10 for a special birthday with no problems. Very friendly and attentive staff, waiters and waitresses.
I mentioned the decor. They hit the colors and wooden bench seat walls on the nose. The room with the fireplace is unbelievably homey and also typical German feel. The bar area in front and the seating is perfect for the small venue music they have. I can see this being a very fun spot to visit just for drinks and relaxation. Pretty good overall for all ages and groups from dates to events. I can also imagine the front outside porch being a pretty good Bier Garten when the weather is there. I've only visited now in winter and at night so haven't confirmed direct but I will definitely try this and sit outside in the porch area next summer.
I would definitely recommend Speisekammer for all groups and occasions! You will get a good sense of German food and culture which is a pretty good thing when done correct. Enjoy!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Christopher D

Oakland, California, Usa
“Great ambience and tasty food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We come here on Friday nights for the live music and great food , my favorite is the roasted chicken, the mashed potatoes are yummy!
Great place for Holiday parties and all. Noise is comfortable. We keep going back.

Visited November 2013
Alameda, California
“Gourmet German food, beer, dessert”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

The service I and my dining companions (both elderly family and young, hip friends) have experienced was outstanding. Even the seafood was spectacular, despite the traditional German fare. Appetizers, main courses, and desserts pleased eclectic palates.

• Visited September 2013
San Diego, California, United States
“Go for the large beer!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

My 500ml beer was delicious and only $5. I don't remember the name of it...

My buddy's 1 Liter beer was delicious and only $7. I don't remember that name either...

Sauerbraten was good, but I expect larger portions for $19.50. After finishing it, I filled up on bread afterwards.

In conclusion, just spend the extra $2 for twice as much good beer!

Visited February 2013
Santa Monica, California
“Yummy German food--service a little less than great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Really amazing pork roast with sauerkraut, crunchy potato pancakes delicious specialty cocktails, yummy desserts. We were there fairly early on Sunday evening, and the place was pretty packed. The service was nothing special. But if you love German food, highly recommended.

Visited July 2013