“Great spot to stay if visiting Alameda or Oakland.”

Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Alameda
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Wonderful location right on the Oakland/Alameda Estuary. Very close to supermarket and walking distance to the fabulous Pasta Pelican Restaurant. Kitchen in every room. Safe neighborhood. Nice staff. Bus #31 goes by every half hour to go explore Alameda or Oakland if you feel like getting drunk...it's only $2.10 for a ride.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank 966AlexaB966
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Although this place was nice it was pricey, it was covered as a business expense for myself. However it seemed to be the place to stay during the Raiders games as it was right next to the training field. Staff was always very friendly on site services provided a gym, and laundry and always free towel exchange between room cleanings. I stayed for over three months and never had a complaint it was away from the city so it stayed pretty quite but it was also close enough to shopping and other attractions that made the area very enjoyable. There is no restaurant but coffee and snacks are available in the morning.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank SLaw220
Reviewed October 25, 2013

On my first and last visit to Extended Stay Hotel Marina Village, Alameda, I was disgusted with the room and the responsiveness of the staff. Our room smelled stale, 2 long black hairs were discovered between the sheets, the shower head made a horrific loud vibrating sound - like a freight train barreling through the room, and the staff did not get it fixed when I reported it. So, I apologize to the folks in adjoining rooms! I know we probably woke other guests up with the shower head noise, but we had an early appointment and had to leave by 8am. Also, the bathroom sink did not drain properly and you were staring at a mucky sinkfull of water, spit and toothpaste the whole time you were brushing your teeth. It was a dreary room because the window was covered with darkening drapes without a sheer liner that could be pulled separately. Since we were on the first floor with cars parked right outside our window, we had to keep the darkening drapes closed while were in the room. This made for very unpleasant time spent in the room during daytime hours. I asked the staff for a room change, but they were unable to accommodate us. This being my first experience at and Extended Hotel, I did not know they only provide the barest minimum of amenities i.e.: 2 unpleasant smelling bars of soap. My bad, I had no idea they don't provide the basics like shampoo and hand lotion. Oh well, if it smelled like the soap, then I would not have used it anyway. We had to make a trip to CVS to get the basic necessities of cleanliness.
The location is great and the scenery on the marina is very pleasant. This location deserves a much better hotel. There is NO value in staying at this hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Daniel V
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Don't bother with this hotel. Cigarette smoke permeates this "institutional like" hotel. 32 inch LCD TV is analog with limited channels. Vinyl recliner, no sofa. We dreaded going back each night so we moved to Hawthorn Suites in Alameda. The move was a major upgrade without much change in cost.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank PointLomaMe
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My recent stay at the Extended Stay America - Alameda was great. I had some reservation issues at check-in but Melanie at the front desk went out of her way to make sure my issues got addressed. Melanie was courteous and professional and could not have done more to ensure that I felt welcome. After traveling all day my reservation sanfu could have made a long day of travel a major headache, so I really can't say enough about the great service that Melanie provided.

Thanks. I will be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm so pleased to hear that Melanie was able to resolve your reservation issues and provide you with exceptional customer service.

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Very nice and relax accomodation with kitchen facilities. Good for family stopover. Very near to bay bridge and mc carthy bridge which give access to san francisco city. Very near to berkeley university.

• Stayed: August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm glad that you felt home away from home, nice and relaxed. I am happy to hear that our kitchen and hotel room met your needs. Also, I am glad that our location was convenient for the needs of you stay.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a very average motel in cleanliness and service. But the price seems way high for what you get. We will try hard to find another place to stay when we visit our son from now on...Extended Stay charges $25 per night for our 5# chihuahua. That jacks the price way up, and the rooms are never very clean to begin with. We also had tenants above us who stomped around 2 of our 3 nights from about 3-5:00 am. Phooey.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank chamapa
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your room was unclean and that you were disturbed by noise from other guests. In response to your feedback, I am following up with our housekeeping staff to ensure all of our guest rooms are fully clean for our new guests.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at oaa@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alameda
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Oakland/Alameda
Executive Inn & Suites
Executive Inn & Suites
#2 of 49 in Oakland
Waterfront Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront
Oakland Marriott City Center
Z Hotel Jack London Square

Been to Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda? Share your experiences!