“A week in Alameda - Overall my experience was a great one”

Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Alameda
Los Angeles, California
“A week in Alameda - Overall my experience was a great one”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

This place is perfect for a short stay in Alameda. It's very well run and the service was great. The only thing worth considering is how you get about. I had a car so didn't find it a problem. Some people may find it slightly out of the way from the main drag but then other people want that in a place to stay.

Shops and restaurants within walking distance are there so it's not the end of the world if you don't have transport.

Overall my experience was a great one and I would definitely consider using Extended stay on my next business trip.

Room Tip: Overlooking the marina you'll have a nicer view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JamOh
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for you reviews on our property. I'm so glad to hear that your overall experience was a great one. It's very nice being walking distance from the shops and restaurants. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Alpena, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Found the staff very helpful, our room looked out into the harbor, near public transportation, great food at the near by Waterfront Deli, near grocery store and pharmacy, wonderful area to walk in...Loved everything

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for your review for our hotel. I am glad the staff was very helpful and you loved everything! We look forward to seeing you again.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Each staff member is welcoming, professional, and a delight to interact with during your stay. Highlights are: you are right at the marina, one (1) trans bay bus ($4.2) from Downtown San Francisco, excellent for commuter, grocery, pharmacy, Chase and Well Fargo, and fast food all within walking distance. On site laundry, however two (2) of the washer out of 4 are OOO every other week. Housekeeping weekly,they are awesome and very accommodating even changing shower curtains, leaving extra supplies based on use, etc.

The manager noticed I'd be there for a while and gave me a room more than accommodating for working from home and having my guest feel comfortable. I am very thankful!

Note- this particular ES is exempt from the tax break for an extended duration that is the main down fall to this location.

Room Tip: 206 - very roomy and none smoking
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mslmlindsey
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that the staff was a delight to interact with during your stay and took care of you.

Petaluma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Every time we stay at this beautiful waterfront hotel, everything is just wonderful.

The staff are extremely helpful. The scenery outside is amazing. This is a safe neighborhood and you can even walk to the Pasta Pelican Restaurant/Bar to enjoy lunch or dinner.

The Lucky Supermarket and CVS are just a few blocks away as well if you want to cook in your room!

The hotel has recently been renovated, so everything is nice and new and clean.

They have also begun to offer fruit, oatmeal, muffins, etc....and coffee in the lobby for breakfast!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the marina.
Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that the staff is extremely helpful and that you feel safe. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I Enjoyed My Stay Here The Management And Staff Were Very Helpful,Rooms Were Very Clean.I Enjoyed The Kitchennet I Could Buy What I wanted To Cook.It Was A Safe And Relaxing Area Everything Was Walking Distance,Stores,Restaurants.I Realy Enjoyed How Quiet Alameda,CA Was And The People Were Nice.I Would Stay Here Again.I Would Like To Thank Management And The Staff For Making My Stay Here Great.

Room Tip: I Liked The Rooms On The Marina Side.I Realy Liked Room 435 It Was A Corner Room But The 4th Floor W...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I'm glad the management and staff were very helpful and that you felt safe. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Alameda, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I'm quite happy I chose this hotel: the rooms are clean, staff is very helpful and friendly, and the view of the marina is fantastic at sunrise.

The staff has been very accommodating of my last minute booking, and the amenities in the hotel are more than satisfactory.

Its a great place to be, I look forward to the rest of my stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I was so pleased to hear that you found our hotel a great place to be! I am also glad the staff was very helpful, friendly, and accommodating to your needs.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Alameda, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

After grueling flights from Guam, my enormous dog and I found refuge at the Extended Stay. The rooms are very clean, comfortable and upgraded. The Staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. I love all the wonderful places to walk and all the amenities close by. This hotel will always be by first choice when traveling with my pet.

Room Tip: If you have a dog - request a room close to an exit door so you don't disturb folks without an a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Michele S
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for you great review. I am so glad we are a pet friendly hotel for we can accommodate your dog. I'm also glad were able to provide a clean and comfortable room with a friendly staff. We look forward to seeing you and your dog next time!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alameda
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Oakland/Alameda
Waterfront Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel
Executive Inn & Suites
Executive Inn & Suites
#2 of 49 in Oakland
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Hotel
Z Hotel Jack London Square
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront

Been to Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda? Share your experiences!