“I Made a Mistake on the Review I Just Wrote Earlier”

Coral Reef Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Alameda
Ashland
“I Made a Mistake on the Review I Just Wrote Earlier”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I just wrote a review within this hour, meant to be for Coral Reef Inn and Suites in Alameda CA.

Somehow the wrong hotel got picked up. It incorrectly named a hotel in the Rockridge area of Oakland.

Editors, I would really appreciate it if you could go back and catch my earlier mistake.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
No-town, CA
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at the Coral Reef Inn on a Wednesday a couple of weeks ago. I got a little suite with a kitchen and separate bedroom for what other properties charge for a basic room. Contrary to what another poster said, there is a water view of what you see in their web site's photo. It's not the bay, it's a little lagoon behind the property. So, if you want a bay view, pay twice as much somewhere else. Most of my time there, I was asleep so view was not a priority. They do need more parking but other than that, a clean quiet spot with a shopping center, bowling alley and nice beach all a short walk. Can't beat it.

Room Tip: I forgot my room number but just to clarify the ratings, there are no attached restaurants or fitnes...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tomxjoyce
Hayward, California, USA
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I found the staff to be quite helpful.
Nothing fancy about the hotel but I loved it!
Breakfast is minimal but adequate.
Everything is clean, but a little older.
Spacious rooms, large living room, dining room, full kitchen.
Bring whatever you need in the way of pots and pans and you wont be dissapointed.
Shopping mall right across the street. Steps away from the beach.
Get a lagoon view and enjoy the ducks!

Room Tip: Get a lagoon view for a few extra dollars. Great morning sun
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank michael1066
Alameda
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I enjoyed the stay at the hotel. The room was huge with a small kitchen area to cook, if needed or to warm up food. They have a good size laundry room, too. The area was very nice and close to stores within walking distance. The hotel is dated but I didn't mind as the price was reasonable. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Marlene Y
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed 3 nights at the Coral Reef Inn & Suites in Alameda, CA. Was not expecting anything great but the hotel and location proved to be okay for the amount spent. The room was fine and the bed was very clean and extremely comfortable. The continental breakfast was very acceptable; lots to choose from and delicious donuts. It was a bonus to have a large shopping center right across the street.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the water side.
1 Thank Joel052
Alameda
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have already written a snail mail letter to management about how helpfull Joyce the
clerk was in helping us correct a booking problem with an internet company.
My only complaint was that for 2 days there was trash on the second floor walkway.
The housekeeping people walked right by it ,several times, to clean the rooms assigned to them.
On both days I finally picked it up and took it to the dumpster downsatirs because I
didn't want it in my room. Should that be my job?

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

INCLINE VILLAGE
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The location was great, but they did not honor my request for a first floor room. Stairs are difficult for me, and I told them this when I made my reservation. When I arrived, I was given a second floor room. The clerk said that he was not the one who promised me a first floor room and that was all that was available. The bathroom was moldy and had rust on the hinges of the door. The good part was the location. This hotel was located perfectly for our visit to my daughter for the holidays. Also, the room was huge. Overall, I guess I would stay again because of the location. But, I am looking at hotels that are further away just because I like it when a hotel honors my requests.

Room Tip: I had to mark it, but I did not use a fitness center or restaurant. I do not think that they had eit...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank SUE W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alameda
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Oakland/Alameda
Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda
Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel
Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda
Executive Inn & Suites
Executive Inn & Suites
#2 of 49 in Oakland
Rodeway Inn Oakland/Alameda

Been to Coral Reef Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!