“Great Value”

Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Alameda
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 10, 2009

My wife and I have stayed here twice, and find the hotel to be a great value. The rooms are large and very clean, the complimentary breakfast is varied and quite good compared to the complimentary breakfasts served at most hotels, the staff is friendly, and the room charges are very reasonable. We like the location which is not close to commercial/retail businesses, although that might not be to everyone's liking. We travel to the Oakland area to visit our son who lives in Piedmont, and are willing to drive the extra miles to Alameda to stay at this hotel rather than some other place in Oakland.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 4, 2009

We arrived late in the evening. Room was very small with two queen beds. It was clean, but, smelled like they oversprayed the Ozium in there. Windows barely opened. Make sure you don't get the side of the building that faces the runways. LOUD!

Staff was pleasant. It is not an overwhelming hotel.

Breakfast selection was minimal. Location was great, although, I was sick in bed half the time I was there.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank propredicr
Reviewed October 14, 2009

This was a very typical Hampton Inn. Very new, very clean, very nice rooms, courteous staff and a fair breakfast selections. We arrived by auto to attend fuctions at the west end of Alameda. Its location caused many auto trips across the island, both for the funtions and finding restaurants. I feel this Inn , located in a large business park, is for the business traveler who has arrived at Oakland Airport. They are equiped for air travelers and I understand that they offer a park & ride to the airport with a nights' stay. The Inn is located at the end of the airport active runway but aircraft noise was not a problem in the room. We were very pleased with our stay and would return again if we had business in the Alameda area.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Overall, our hotel stay was pretty good. The only snafu was that they first gave us a room that belonged to someone else - that was somewhat annoying. But once that was resolved, the stay went well. The room was modern and very clean. The free breakfast wasn't bad, but the biscuits were a little dry. Parking was free and plentiful. Overall, it was a nice place to stay near the airport.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2009

I stayed in this hotel for business and it was a terrible experience. I had to change hotel rooms 3 times. The first room i stayed in was on the bottom floor and early in the evening i noticed that their were ant's crawling on my bed so i got rid of them and went to sleep, to my surprise i woke up later that night with ants crawling on my face and promptly changed rooms at 2 am in the morning. I thought finally im going to get some sleep, and i did after i found out it was a handicap facillitated room and the shower head was 4 feet off the ground. The next day they sent me to another room and they couldnt figure out where they moved my luggage. The 3rd room people were partying all night and i couldnt get any sleep. The girl at the front desk was very rude and told me i was picky, i couldnt believe it. Overall it was the most rude, noisy, disorganized, and awfull hotel experience of my life. Dont stay here!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank bread1049
Reviewed September 22, 2009

Was not expecting this place to be so modern. They said it was new but it must be brand-new. I stayed in a normal room, no suite, yet it had a brand-new plasma and was bigger then I expected. Hotel was very quiet yet at the same time I ran into some Raiders players staying there which I thought I was cool. Very easy to get to and from the airport and local golf courses :).

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2009

As a frequent business traveler I honestly couldn’t ask for a better place to stay. The hotel itself appeared to be relatively new. The hotel staff was friendly and provided excellent service. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and above all, quiet! They provided free high speed internet, a nice desk area with good lighting, conducive to getting work done. The bed was great and the bedding was even better, making for a peaceful night of sleep. Oh, and the flat screen TV was a nice touch as well. In the morning, I was able to get in a quick workout in their state-of-the-art fitness facility, along with an amazing complementary hot breakfast. For me, the location of the hotel is what makes this place so great. It’s only a 5 minute shuttle ride to the airport, but sits in a quiet business park right on the water. It was nice to be able to come back to a quiet hotel with a beautiful view of the bay at the end of a long work day!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alameda
4 mi away
#10 of 49 in Oakland
Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport
Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel
Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda? Share your experiences!