Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hampton$131
Expedia.com$131
Priceline$131
Hotels.com$131
Agoda.com$131
Lol.travel$149
All reviews oakland airport shuttle service rental car an early flight front desk staff san francisco safe area ferry muffins
Selected filters
Reviewed April 13, 2017

Location is great, rooms are great, and the staff is great. It's in a quiet area which also happens to be close to the airport. There's a grocery store within a mile as well as a very good Mexican restaurant. The views are fantastic and there is a ferry terminal nearby.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Bhotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport - Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2017

Dear Q5580AGdavids,

Thank you so much for your review, we are so glad that you enjoyed staying with us. Please come back soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed April 12, 2017

Great experience- the room was clean and spacious. The shuttle driver picked us up at the car rental area-saved us going to the airport & we took the early morning shuttle to the airport. Great efficient drivers. The front desk staff were very nice. Wish we had come earlier because they have free bikes and there is a nice trail along the bay.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear sehn2,

We appreciate the praise of our team and hotel, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Please come back soon and take one of our complimentary bikes for a ride along the bay front.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed April 8, 2017

The property has aged a bit since we first stayed here in 2013. However, we spent one night before a flight at this hotel - in 2 rooms (one for the kids, and one for us). The beds are comfortable, the rooms of a nice size, the bathrooms clean and fresh looking. I left on a different flight from my wife, so was too early to get the breakfast, but she said it was marvy. This property continues to have the best personnel of any near the Oakland Airport. If you are a Hilton Honors member of ANY LEVEL, this should be your ONE AND ONLY choice near the Oakland Airport.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Bhotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport - Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2017

Dear Boeing767,

Thank you so much for your review, we are so glad that you enjoyed staying with us! Come back soon! We appreciate your loyalty to Hilton Honors as well!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed March 27, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here in early April. After my second night I found a row of red marks on my arm. I wasn't sure what they were but as the day wore on it was clear they were bites.

On my third and final night I woke at 4am (jet lag) and turned the light on. I saw something crawling towards me. Leapt out of bed and found 4 bugs in the bed. Squish squish...lots of blood.eurgh.

I then spent the rest of the night researching bed bugs as I was not getting back in that bed!

So a few facts if you have a similar encounter:

They can hitch a ride home with you so I had to put everything in plastic bags and then quarantine in the garage when I got home.

Heat kills them - tumble dry everything!

They are not small- about the size of a ladybug.

Not everyone reacts to the bites so you might not know they are there. Reaction to Bites can come out 2 or 3 days after you've been bitten. In total I had about 50 bites after my 3 day stay.

The hotel staff on the desk were quite apologetic and said I did not have to pay for the stay due to the Hampton guarantee. I was still charged but after contacting the manager the charges were removed and she sent me evidence that they have had bug killers in. She stated they have never had bed bugs here before in her time as manager.

Two weeks on, the marks have nearly all gone and I'm slowly bringing my stuff inside for more tumble drying. Two weeks is the bed bug egg cycle.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank WitneyBlade
Bhotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport - Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2017

Dear WitneyBlade,

We appreciate your feedback on the unfortunate, and very rare instance that you experienced at our hotel. Our team takes this situation very seriously, and we acted as quickly and as best we could to resolve this. As you hopefully are aware, bedbugs are not a reflection of the cleanliness of a hotel. Our hotel is frequently praised for our cleanliness and attention to detail by our housekeeping department. If you are interested in discussing this further, please contact me directly.

510-521-4524 direct line

Reviewed March 27, 2017

Perfect location if you're trying to stay near Alameda. It's in a business area, so not much to walk to, but easily driveable to a lot of locations. Not far to freeway and hotel. Airport shuttle was nice to also have as an option.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Bhotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport - Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2017

Dear melanie847,

We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay, we hope to see you again soon! Thank you very much!

Warm regards,