“Excellent place to stay with great service and amenities”

Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Alameda
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This hotel is very nice. Rooms are very clean and staff is very polite and professional. Free breakfast is great. Only recomendation is that the hotel Shuttle should offer people rides and pickups to the Colliseum Bart station in addition to OAK airport. This would make up for the fact that the hotel is away from everything in the area.

1  Thank Jean/Frank D

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Very Clean. Gave us a trundle to accommodate our family of five. We stayed there for four nights and it was very roomy and comfortable. They put us in the handicap room so it was huge. It was a bit of a drive to SF, but for the price it couldn't be beat.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Bhotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very nice review of our hotel. I am glad that we were able to accommodate your family of five so comfortably. Our hotel is a great sightseeing headquarters, it sounds like you were able to take advantage of our location.

Come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This hotel was much better than expected. The best part is that it was so QUIET! Even though it was next to the airport, while inside the hotel room and other indoor areas, it was very quiet. And no noise was noticeable from the neighbors either. Breakfast was great. Location was perfect for us. We would definitely stay here again!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Bhotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

Your glowing review of our hotel was much appreciated. Many guests remark on the lack of airport noise, as you did. I am glad you found it peaceful and that you enjoyed the breakfast and location.

Come back again soon!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great hotel, despite the less than courteous person who checked us in. However, we chose this hotel because of the park and fly "deal." I had to ask about this deal at check in, as the aforementioned employee didn't notice that it was part of my reservation. Anyhow, it turns out that all this option offers is a higher rate. I literally was told to just park and pick up my car upon returning from my vacation. There was no particular parking space, no additional security, in fact I was given a little car tag that I was told NOT to put on my car as that would give perspective thieves too much information. Had I known this in advance I would've reserved the room at the lower rate and left my car.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Bhotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

The park and fly rate offers our guests an exceptional value, by including extended parking for a nominal fee. Our hotel is located in a secure area and parking in our lot is plentiful. In order to not draw any attention to your vehicle, we ask you not to display anything in your car, nor do we segregate the park and fly guest cars. We track the dates of stay and vehicle information as one of the many precautions taken to ensure guest and vehicle safety.

I regret that the front desk reception was not up to your standards. I assure you that we will use your comments for retraining our staff on proper procedures and hospitality.

Thank you for choosing our hotel. For your next booking at our hotel, please call me personally so that I can make sure that your travel arrangements are satisfactory.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Although there is no restaurant, there is a great full breakfast served. there is also shuttle service to and from airport and to and from nearby restaurants (3 mile radius) All accomodations and service, friendliness, service A +

Mary,

What a wonderful, concise review of our hotel, thank you. I will share your comments with our staff, especially the “A+” for service. They will appreciate that!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Some have mentioned hearing airplanes interfered with their sleep. Thankfully our family didn't find this to be the case. We take earplugs along when traveling, but didn't need them at this hotel. Our Room was on the 2nd floor towards the back of hotel. The windows had triple class, but we were able to partly open them, and we had a nice view.

Breakfast was what you'd expect at Hampton Inn.

Stayed: July 2013

Dear Guest,

I am glad that your found our hotel quiet and restful. We often get similar remarks from guests who get a good night’s sleep while being so near to the airport.

Visit us again when you are flying out of the Oakland Airport.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

The staff treated me as if I was a guest in their home. Each was very personable and acted as a team in every way. The facility and beds were impeccable. I had occasion to avail myself of the continental breakfast on several accasions. I was most satisfactory. Upon departure I used the shuttle car to the airport and again it was most convenient and safisfactory.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear John,

Thank you for your very positive review of our hotel. I was especially pleased to hear that our staff “wowed” you with their genuine courtesy. I will tell them what you said, it will mean a lot to them.

I am glad that the breakfast and complimentary shuttle service made your travels easier.

We appreciate your business!

Dhruv Patel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alameda
4 mi away
#2 of 49 in Oakland
Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites
Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport
Radisson Hotel Oakland Airport

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda? Share your experiences!