“Highly Recommend!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Alameda
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Our room was awesome...very comfortable, clean, quiet, free parking and complimentary breakfast. Price was half of what we would have paid had we stayed at a different hotel in San Francisco. A short drive to the BART station. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Bhotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear Natalie,

What a great review of our hotel! Thank you for your nice remarks about the comfortable rooms, the breakfast and the excellent value we offer. I hope that you can stay with us again soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed here the night before a triathlon in Alameda. The room was very nice---spacious and clean (though the constant advertising of clean sheets was a little over the top---shouldn't clean sheets be expected? Strange...) They opened breakfast up early for the race participants which was nice. If they had a shuttle to go to the start line, that would have been even better (or maybe they did but didn't advertise).

My only complaint is customer service...it left something to be expected. I called before I arrived at the hotel to see if my friend could check in if I didn't get there first. I was told she could check in if she gave a credit card. I probably should have mentioned it was a Priceline deal---and he really should have directly looked at my reservation. Long story short, they wouldn't let my friend check in.

I also received a bill the next morning with my room charges...hmmmm....looks like they didn't realize I paid through Priceline...and in addition to that the charges were $25 less than my Priceline rate. On race morning (at 6am!) I went to the front desk to let them know they charged my credit card but I already paid through Priceline. The front desk employee said he would take care of it. One week later I checked my credit card activity and the charges still were not reversed. I just called them and explained the situation and the employee took down my phone number and said they would call back. In both cases, there was not "we apologize for the inconvenience" conversation. They were, frankly, pretty rude.

But for the convenience of the location to the race, the breakfast, and the size of the room for the price, it's an ok hotel...

Oh, and the elevators were pretty fast to close...there were a couple times where we missed the elevator because the people coming out were pretty slow and when it was our turn to get on the doors closed quickly!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

I am glad that you enjoyed the size and quality of our guest rooms. We were happy to open our breakfast early for the race participants, that seemed to work out well. I appreciate your comments about how we can improve our service. Thank you for sharing them with us. We will definitely use them for some re-training with our staff.

Sincerely.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had previously stayed at a different hotel when we had early flights from Oakland. That hotel was close to the airport but not in the best part of town. The Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport/Alameda is still very close to the airport but in a much better part of town. It is fairly new and I felt very safe. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. It is close to some wonderful restaurants. We will definitely stay there again when we fly out of Oakland.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Teri,

How nice to know that we exceeded your expectations! Many of our guests also say that we are a hidden gem and they are glad they found us. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Only negative is the location. Was a little hard to find. Even with a GPS rather difficult drive at night from Oakland airport. Other than that, have no complaints. Very nice facilities. Very clean. Nice breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Your favorable review of our hotel breakfast, the cleanliness and the facilities was great to hear. I regret that you encountered some difficulties in arriving at the hotel. For your next visit, we are happy to give you some step-by-step directions to make your travels easier.

Thank you for your business!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

The hotel was very clean, updated, quiet even being next to the airport. The hotel provided toothpaste when I forgot to bring it. We went on a walk next to the bay that was very enjoyable. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Angela,

Thank you for your compliments about the cleanliness and quality of our hotel facility. I am glad that you were able to take a nice walk by the bay. Come back again soon!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have stayed at tons of Hampton Inns and they always have a high level of consistency. However, the Hampton Inn & Suits Oakland Airport (in Alameda) is--bar none--the best! Over the course of several months I have stayed in many of their rooms, which are always super clean and comfortable. The location is in kind of an industrial, warehouse type area, making it nice and quite. The breakfast includes hot eggs, waffles, oatmeal, and a variety of other foods like yogurt, fruit, cereals, muffins, etc.

However, their real distinction is their people. Nick, Jovy, and Nonette; the front desk hosts go out of their way to ensure you have a great stay. I wish the Hampton Inn and Suits chain could replicate the type of customer service provide by the above hosts. This is a great property with employees that consistently serve their guests.

Room Tip: As with many hotels, staying on the bottom floor you hear people walking above you. Get a room on t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Bhotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Ron,

As an experienced traveler, your rave review of our hotel is even more meaningful. We have a great crew who are always pushing the envelop for guest satisfaction. I will definitely pass on your compliments to Nick, Jovy, and Nannette, they will be pleased to hear your comments.

Many of our guest appreciate our quiet location and the variety of our breakfast selection. I am glad you enjoyed the location, room and breakfast also.

We are grateful for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were all impressed with the nice location and ease of the shuttle to/from the airport and the staff was friendly and helpful. They even have a shuttle to take you to area restaurants in the evening. Definitely staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mary,

Thank you for saying such nice things about our hotel. Our staff is so committed to taking care of our guests, I am glad that is evident in your observations about our service level and especially the shuttle.

Your business is important to us, our thanks for choosing our hotel for your Bay Area headquarters.

Dhruv Patel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alameda
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Oakland/Alameda
#10 of 49 in Oakland
Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel
The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda? Share your experiences!