“Great place to say and if your flying out the park and ride is good.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Alameda
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed one night on my way to CO for a ski trip. Front desk is very helpful and has good advice. The shuttle driver was nice and friendly. The location is a little hard to find but my gps steered me to the front door. I was worried about safety as it says Oakland but the hotel is located in an office park area and is in Almeda but is only about 4 minutes from the airport. I used the park and fly which is a good deal.

Room Tip: There is a little noise since they are next to the airport so ask the desk which rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Bhotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your compliments about our helpful staff and convenient location. We strive to make travel easy for our guests with our shuttle service, complimentary breakfast, and other services. I am glad we were able to make your journey more enjoyable.

We look forward to your next visit, thank you for choosing our hotel.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Not only is this one the best Hamptons ever in terms of room size, cleanliness, facilities, and service, it has an amazing view! Instead of the usual parking lot, a breathtaking vista over the bay! Very pleased with the hotel, and its location. Oakland has a gritty/dodgy reputation, but no worries here.

• Stayed: February 2013
Bhotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are proud of our beautiful view of the San Francisco Bay. We think it is unique and peaceful in such a seemingly urban area, I hope you found it restful.

Your compliments about the size of our rooms, the cleanliness and the service will be conveyed to our staff. They love to know that our guests recognize their efforts in offering a great stay.

Thank you again!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I loved this hotel! I was on business and I had hoped to be booked at the Marriott only to be disappointed by what I thought would be below average. I was expecting cheap and chintzy, but I got exceeded expectations.

I felt the hotel was extremely clean, the staff was very helpful and let us check-in super early, I appreciated the constant spread of hot drinks and complimentary fruit and cookies throughout the day, the rooms were very comfortable, the beds just right and I felt that I had everything I needed, and if I missed anything, the hotel would hook me up.

For once, I slept peacefully and soundly because I felt so comfortable in my surroundings. I could see the effort the hotel was making and I appreciated it!

And did I mention the awesome breakfast spread? Yeah. Awesome.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank YellowGazelle

Dear Guest,

Your complimentary review of our hotel was so nice to hear. Our team strives to keep our guests happy, so they will be glad to hear their efforts acknowledged. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and the complimentary refreshments. Offering a good night’s rest is the highest accomplishment of a hotel, thank you for letting us know that we succeeded.

We look forward to your next visit with us, come back soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

First time visitors to this property and found it a very pleasant surprise. Alameda is East Bay SF area and just across the inlet from Oakland (yes, that Oakland). We were a bit skeptical at first, but soon learned that we had made a very good decision.

Our stay carried into the weekend and it was extremely quiet and peaceful. Cyclist rode by the hotel throughout the weekend as well as runners and walkers. Very little weekend traffic, although the work traffic for nearby offices picks up come Monday morning.

The Oakland Raiders Football training facility is just up from the hotel. The small shops of Alameda and larger shopping centers are very close by.

The hotel is newer and still emits that "Hampton Welcome", however, there were a couple of things that really needed to be tweaked or adjusted........ Otherwise it would have justified a 4 rating.

Room Tip: Ask for a "Bay View" room. Although the bay is quite some distance away from the propert...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank RideHigh10
Bhotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am glad that you were so happily surprised with the quietness of our location and the proximity to the Oakland Raiders training facility and nearby shopping. Many visitors remark on the fun, recreational activities such as biking and walking that are available to our guests.

I would be happy to talk with you about the issues that you suggest need to be “tweaked”. We are always striving to improve and your comments would be helpful.

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your Bay Area stay.

Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Nick at the front desk helped me ship a package and made it so easy. What a great start to my day. Nothing like scratching off a to do item at 5 am. Now that's above and beyond. Will be back here next time I am in the area. Room was very clean and comfortable

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank dennysre
Bhotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are proud of our staff and their commitment to excellent customer service. Nick’s assistance in shipping your package is one example of the extra effort our team makes in helping our guests. I am pleased that he was able to make your day easier.

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit to the Bay Area. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

The location is both secluded and convenient at the same time. The value (price) is unrivaled for what you get compared to other hotels I've tried. They have AAA rates. If you are flying into Oakland and are not extravagantly wealthy you have to stay here.

Room Tip: My room had a beautiful view of the Bay, and I didn't even ask for it. So look at a map prior t...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ron T

Dear Ron,

Your description about the convenience and seclusion of our hotel is so well said, thank you. Our goal of providing an excellent value is what drives us, I am glad you found our rates a good deal. We will do our best to accommodate you in a bay view room on your next visit so you can enjoy the lovely view.

We appreciate your business.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

By reading the other reviews prior to staying at the Hampton in Alameda I would have thought that this was the best hotel West of the Mississippi. As it turned out -- it's a Hampton....and I can't figure out what others see in it that makes it so fantastic. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad hotel, it just doesn't strike me as anything unusual for a Hampton other than it seems a bit newer that some others.

Located near the airport, and essentially in an industrial park, it is far enough from the airport to be away from the noise and close enough to companies in the industrial park that it is a great location if your business is there. That said, it is not really close (meaning you have to have a car) to restaurants or the city (read: ANY city).

Clean -- Check
Efficient Staff -- Check
Free shuttle to Oakland airport and all points within 3 miles -- Check
Hampton Breakfast (nothing to write home about) - Check
Hampton Inn -- Check

The one not so good thing that I noticed -- I stayed on the first floor and you could hear the second floor occupants through the ceiling. Whether they were heavy footed or if this is a general issue is not clear, but next time I am going for the top floor!

Room Tip: I could hear the footsteps and noise through the ceiling from the floor above -- go for the top floo...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I am sorry that your reaction to our hotel was less than exuberant. We continually strive to raise the bar on our standards, so we take your comments seriously. Please call me on your next visit so that I can speak to you personally and ensure that you have a comfortable stay.

Dhruv Patel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alameda
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Oakland/Alameda
#11 of 49 in Oakland
Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites
Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport
Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda? Share your experiences!