“Weekend trip to the Bay Area.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Alameda
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Weekend trip to the Bay Area.”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

While visiting a friend during her summer research internship at U.C. Berkeley, I had the pleasure of staying at this fine establishment and was not disappointed. The hotel is located in a business park and is new, clean, quiet, and safe for visitors of all ages. The staff is excellent and I was very impressed by their professionalism and attention to detail. In shore, if my friend pursues her graduate studies in the Bay Area, then I will definitely stay at Hampton Inn & Suites when I come to visit her.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Bhotels, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear enrolledagent1,

Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel location and our staff. We believe that we have the best employees in the world, we are proud of their professionalism and their caring attitude towards the guests. I am glad that is evident to our guests.

I hope you are able to visit our hotel again. There are so many fun things to do and see in the Bay Areas, we would be glad to tell you about our favorite places.

Dhruv Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Korean first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is a great hotel, right by the Oakland Airport. Free pick up at the Oakland airport (often more reasonably priced than SFO). A $20 cab ride gets to to BART for a trip into downtown San Francisco, or the shuttle will take you to the ferry and you can ride across the bay to downtown. The hotel is quite, right on the water and right on the lovely bay side walking path on Alameda Island. But the best part of this hotel is the helpful, friendly staff. No restaurant, and no room service.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Bhotels, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Allison,

Thank you for expressing your appreciation of our hotel. We think the location is fantastic for the close proximity to Oakland and San Francisco and it is still affordable. I am so glad that you enjoyed the walk on the Alameda Bay. It is incredible to be in the City, but feel so relaxed by the water.

Please visit us again soon.

Regards,
Dacula, Georgia, United States
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I worked for a corporate entity near Hampton Inn. And I must say, the manager and team were absolutely excellent! I was also looking for my Hhonors # and the manager was home off work and text messaged me the right directive to get my information...and it worked! I loved the staff in Alameda, CA and if I should ever return, I will surely rest comfortably with this team. Thanks, Dhruv for all you do!

Darlene

Room Tip: Just call the hotel for directions, they have had a lot of people following GPS systems, as I did wh...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Darlene,

It was no problem at all to find your membership number when you needed it. I am glad we were able to help you out. Our staff enjoys working with our guests, that is what makes our jobs fun.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

texas
Reviewed June 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our last day of vacation to be near the airport for an early morning flight. The hotel seems very new. The staff was very helpful and the room was spotless.
We did not try their breakfast because our flight left so early. This is a safe area. The hotel is not within walking distance to any restaurants. There is a nice little walking area beside the hotel.
If using the Oakland airport again, I would definitely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Murrieta, California
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Overall, Our stay was enjoyable, especially the daily continental breakfast. We had two average rooms, overlooking the pacific ocean. We found the staff to be accommodating, although they failed to resolve our issue. The one problem we had was the bath tub drainage.The tub became a safety issue when it wasn't draining fast enough during a normal shower. We stayed for two nights, and we informed the hotel desk of this issue on the first night. We never got any feedback. I would recommend this hotel, but make sure you get a room with a working tub drainage.

Room Tip: Make sure your room tub drainage is working properly. There is no restaurant in the hotel, so make...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sdg_ventures
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Stayed here last week for 5 days. They have a good rate for the weekend but higher for weekdays, luckily there is Abbott labs nearby and happens to be 1 of my husbands client so was able to get the corporate rate.
Overall stay was pleasant, we booked a king suite, didn't know bed area was not a separate area so somewhat surprised. Bathroom area layout was odd, toilet and shower in separate room then sink area outside it. There was no towel ring near sink area so you could dry your hands, had to hang towel in closet w/c was next to sink area. Still room was spacious.
Breakfast was decent, nothing spectacular but enough to start your day.
Front desk staff was hit or miss, day shift seemed more agreeable than pm shift, the pm shift people were always on the phone or chatting w/ friends.
Tea and coffee available 24hrs...nice touch.
Overall would stay again, hotel is pretty new and clean and we are loyal to the Hilton chain.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank thetravelling4
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I recommend this Hampton Inn @ 1700 Harbor Bay Parkway Oakland Airport/Alamenda, Ca. This location is absolutely wonderful! We received outstanding customer service from the entire staff (Mgr. Andrew Rook, Nicholas Howard, Olivia, Seema, Nanette, the engineer & housekeeping crew are the best!!!) The rooms are very nice & clean!! Lovely lobby!!! The food is equally good with a healthy variety. One will get a nice setting-- next to the Bay- a lovely view & walking path. Highly recommend this location; you will not be disappointed!!!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Kadiv
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alameda
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Oakland/Alameda
Hilton Oakland Airport
Hilton Oakland Airport
#13 of 49 in Oakland
Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel
Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport
The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda? Share your experiences!