“Excellant accomadations”

Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Alameda
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Stayed for one night after arriving very late from the east coast. I can best describe this hotel by saying it is...."new, clean, fresh and wonderful!" We are very experienced travelers and this property surpasses many other high end accomadations we have stayed in. The staff were friendly and curtious...breakfast was more than we expected....wish every hotel was like this.....

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda

Reviewed June 20, 2011

Great hotel. Nice little Breakfast!! Rooms are very nice. Very clean!!!! Plenty of Parking!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2011

I stay at Hampton Inns often. I visited the one in Alameda for the first time and am very happy to recommend this hotel. I stayed at a Sheraton and a Hyatt during the same week and they were not anywhere near as nice. Everything in the Hampton Inn is great - location, rooms (walk in showers), a great and healthy free breakfast, service, the wine for sale in the pantry, the access to a path along the water. Every imaginable amenity was in the bathroom, and staff even handed out packets of mints during breakfast. I commend the management and staff on running an excellent hotel. I know I will return many times.

Room Tip: Pack your sneakers and a sweater to take walks
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I usually fly into Oakland and drive up to San Rafael, but the place I usually stay was quoting rates through the roof. This Hampton Inn & Suites had a great weekend rate, so I decided to stay near the airport and drive up to San Rafael in the morning. I arrived on a Friday afternoon fighting a horrible cold, picked up a carton of chicken soup at an airport restaurant, and set off to find the hotel. It was a little tricky, since my GPS didn't have this hotel in its 2010 database - pretty new, I figured, which turned out to be pretty accurate. It's about a 5-minute drive from the car rental lot, is beautiful inside and out, and is right by the beach. The gal that checked me in (who had gone to college in Santa Barbara, my home town) was delightful, and did everything she could to make me comfortable. She gave me a quiet room facing the beach, and on a high floor to avoid feet on the ceiling. She then offered to get out a bowl, a spoon, and napkins in the breakfast room so I could reheat my soup and eat it there - what service! The room was big, the TV was great, the wireless internet was fast and free, and the bed was wonderful, especially the feather pillows. (Nice bathroom, too.) This is the first hotel I've ever stayed in that had TRIPLE windows - not one little bit of noise from planes flying overhead, but they were open-able if you wanted fresh ocean air. There was a pool and jacuzzi outside, and I maybe a hot soak would clear my nasal passages -- but the jacuzzi was only lukewarm, so I passed (used the coffee maker to heat water instead, and inhaled the steam - ugh) . I felt better the next morning, though, and was pleased to find scrambled eggs, a waffle maker, yogurt, fresh fruit, etc. on the buffet, and the room had a "bar" with tall stools as well as a few booths along with smaller tables and chairs. I will always stay here whenever I fly into Oakland.

Room Tip: Just request an ocean-view room!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Aimless
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Had an early morning flight out of Oakland Airport so decided to spend a night at Hampton Inn & Suites. Great choice, so close to the airport but no real airport noise. Spacious, clean room and friendly staff. Shuttle took us to the rental car drop-off that night and waited for us so we didn't have to bother with it the following morning. Great value and perfect hotel if you're flying out of Oakland (which I highly recommend over the busy San Francisco airport).

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2011

We stayed in a cramped, busy area of San Francisco our first night, then began looking for another hotel that evening and stumbled upon this one. It's a little ways from San Fran, but worth the drive. Everything was perfect - roomy, comfortable, quiet, free parking. There was a little noise from the jets flying overhead, but not nearly as much as might be expected, I'd call it muted. We watched white egrets and Canada geese with their chicks out the back window, where a little creek or river ran through and we could see across the bay to San Fancisco. We had a very, very nice stay here.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TiffanyTea
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Stayed at this property for 2 nights in May while traveling to a family event. We wanted a location between San Francisco and East Bay Area and this fit the bill. The property is new and the rooms are clean and spacious. The view of the bay over the marshland was very scenic. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was standard Hampton fare and appreciated since there were not many other food options close by. The property is located right next to the Oakland International Airport and we were concerned about jet noise. It was barely noticeable when the TV was on, but during the night, you did feel/hear the slight rumble of the jets taking off/landing. It didn't seem to bother our daughter, but my husband and I did end up getting ear plugs for the second night and slept much better. The beds are VERY comfortable. I would recommend this hotel, but if you are a light sleeper be sure to bring ear plugs.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alameda
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Oakland/Alameda
#11 of 49 in Oakland
Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites
Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport
Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda? Share your experiences!