“An Unexpected Gem”

Dining options: Breakfast
Alameda, California
“An Unexpected Gem”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Strolling by you could easily assume that this is just another sports bar...it's not! The food is well above typical sports bar fare. Menu choices are not only a nice diversion from what one might expect but they are also excellent. My friends and I now definitely go there for the food...what's on TV is a secondary consideration.

• Visited February 2012

Alameda, California
“Fish & Chips to Die For”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This place is usually bustling and a bit noisy. It has a leetle bit of an identity crisis - board games but not a lot of large tables, and loud enough that conversation can be challenging. There's a well-stocked bar up front - I don't drink, dh isn't crazy about their mixed drinks. According to dh, there's a decent beer selection. The food and appetizers are limited in selection but really wonderful. Let me say it again, fish and chips are to die for, which is why I only go there about 2x a year, because I'm not ready to die just yet. :-D

Visited November 2011
“Eggs Benedict that makes my weekend!”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I'm sure there are other good things on the menu too, but I don't care. The Eggs Benedict available during the weekend brunch is out of this world. Whenever my partner and I have Eggs Benedict anywhere else, we always compare it to Hobnob. So far, no other place has even come close. Forget waiting in line for an hour for that other diner down the street. This is where you should be having your weekend breakfast feast.

Canby, Oregon
“Welcoming environment- great food”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

A few of us stopped in for a quick dinner on our way to OAK. Tried the heirloom tomato salad , mac and cheese and had some truffle fries. The fry order was HUGE and delicious! We were bummed we did not have time to finish them as we had a plane to catch. I found this place via my TripAdvisor iPhone app (thank you). I will be back.

• Visited August 2011
Pokhara, Nepal
“Disappointing Food”
Reviewed July 2, 2011

I'm sure this is a great place to get a drink, but don't' go for the breakfast/brunch. Went there twice and both time, the food was mediocre. I could have gotten the same food for half the price at a diner.

• Visited February 2011

Been to HobNob? Share your experiences!